View RSS Feed

Entre Nous ;)

Haunted by Hydrangeas...

Rate this Entry
Since my Mother passed on I've been without a muse. A poet must have a muse whether he or she realizes it. So, I've just chosen a new muse. Several years ago I came upon a painting by Philip Wilson Steer, painted in 1901, titled "Hydrangeas" and fell in love with it; writing a poem that unfortunately needs attention called "Haunted by Hydrangeas". My muse will be the young woman dangling pearls before her cat to play with and is depicted here: https://www.wikiart.org/en/philip-wi...ydrangeas-1901 (she reminded me of a special someone from my past)

I hope this satisfies the AI for a while; ref: short story I shared with Danik 2016 awhile back on our high-jacking the short story contest thread with cat ephemera while the spam wars raged (or somewhere contemporaneously): "Cat Pictures Please" by Naomi Kritzer: http://clarkesworldmagazine.com/kritzer_01_15/

Also finally updated one of my poetry pages "Beneath the Dogwoods of May", which will also be the title of my poetry book... whenever I finish it (though I have already gifted 5-presentation books to my daughter and grandchildren) it may be found here https://padlet.com/tailorstately/kn9o45weuso

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
tailor

Updated 04-29-2020 at 05:17 AM by tailor STATELY

Categories

Comments

"Entre nós", a good title . I myself was a bit haunted by this blog entry, thought I had dreamed it up, until I realized that one had to be logged in to visualize it.
    Yes, I remember the AI story and how we (and the cats) successfully braved the spam storm.
    Congrats.The poetry page, future book, presents a wonderful aspect, with its flowery background. You made an advantageous use of all the editing facilities, but I am glad that the rabbit image was preserved.
    Thank you ! Yes, the rabbit image, and all the other images, I had on ph*t*bucket had to be rooted out and resourced from my hard-drive... easy once I figured it out. I still have to go through the other website(s) I created and clean up the images ph*t*bucket marred with its watermark system for free-service customers retroactively.
    -tailor
    (lol) Just fixed the "until I realized that one had to be logged in to visualize it". I missed ticking a box that allows non-members to view my posts some how... thank you for bring this to my attention
    -tailor
    Quote Originally Posted by tailor STATELY
    (lol) Just fixed the "until I realized that one had to be logged in to visualize it". I missed ticking a box that allows non-members to view my posts some how... thank you for bring this to my attention
    -tailor
    Oh I thought, it was intended. Anyway, thanks for fixing it. You mentioned other pages. Are they drafts of this one?
    I have an orphaned google web page that I attempted to update after google changed their format that proved problematic... I will revisit (hopefully) as it has the bulk of my 700+ poems up to a year or so ago (It may still be in my profile ? will check in a bit)... also my orphaned blog (sigh).
    - tailor
    I like the idea of using a character in a painting to inspire your poetry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    I like the idea of using a character in a painting to inspire your poetry.
    Thank you