View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Piano Performance, Birthday, etc....

Rate this Entry
Piano Performance, Birthday, etc....

Played an epic piano solo piece for an event yesterday - an absolutely brilliant version of "On Eagles' Wings" (I got the piece from the internet). Here is a YouTube of said piece: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AixEC_kJlik

I had fervently practiced this till my hands were sore. But my goodness, SO worth it! With such exquisite music, I really wanted to do my very best. And, everything went extremely well! Yayness! And once again I had the privilege of playing on an impressive grand piano... *sigh* … someday maybe I shall own one? lol

My birthday yesterday began quite calmly. Coffee on the patio amidst the prairie sounds (birds, rustling grass, squirrels' chirping)… Then the piano solo (as mentioned above). Then some downtime. By dinnertime, I THOUGHT that I was going out for some fish and chips, British style and all (smiles) … but my husband decided that we would be going to a pizza 'joint' in town... I was surprised at this, because this place was the last place that I would imagine him choosing... ??!! But hey, pizza is good stuff, so why not?

Turns out that all the people nearest and dearest to me had gathered at this pizza joint, in honour of my birthday! Dang I was surprised!! And we had SO much fun!

So all in all t'was a birthday to remember....

… except for one more thing -- a very very special friend, who lives in Venezuela, sent me a lovely email, remembering my birthday!! I was deeply touched. Maybe you all don't know the political/social situation in Venezuela at this time, but it is indeed deplorable. And I very rarely hear from my musician friend due to this. Will internet be working? Maybe.... Maybe not... So when I got this email, I cried.

Twas a wonderful day, and I am so very grateful for all that I have in this life.

Till next time,

~K♥zzo
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Wonderful ! and Happy Birthday !!! Prayers and best wishes for your friend in Venezuela.......

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor STATELY
    Thank you so much, TS!