View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

The Proverbial "Bucket List" ...

Rate this Entry

Bucket List ... Ever since that movie with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDbNSRWt5ss ) I have pondered over this.....

There are so many, many things that I would like to do before my time is over....

In any case, here are a few of my "must do's" before that time ever comes....

1. Learn Chopin's Ballade No.4 in F-minor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDXln9YNd50) ... I have conquered the first 3 minutes.... but MUST learn the rest!!

2. Get better acquainted with the Icelandic language, as all my father's people speak only Icelandic and English.

3. Go to Iceland, and visit the places that my father's people have come from....

4. Learn Bach's Toccata in D-minor (best suited for Pipe Organ, but I am a lowly pianist): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o3aI7Oo3GMo

5. Learn how to knit .... specifically to knit a sweater.

6. To conquer my HATE towards kitchens and kitchen-duties ... *sigh*

7. To quit smoking ...

8. To jump out of an airplane with a parachute.

9. To move to Normandy, France, where I feel so much at home.

10. Nope, no number 10 for me. I've listed what I have felt are my 'should do's' before my time comes....

How about you? Do you have the proverbial "Bucket List" in the back of your mind? How about sharing here...

As always,

K♥zzo
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

If you Google "life expectancy" you will find there a formula that roughly determines how long you have got before you kick the bucket ( e.g. current age, smoker status, any heart problems, exercise status, weight, height, waist measurement etc).

In my case it appears that I can look forward to another 9 years.

Thus in order to answer your original question, my bucket list is as follows:

1. To graduate beyond short story writing & come up with a book I can be proud of.
    2. Learn how to cook a biriani dish.
    3. Holidays in: Palermo, Istanbul, Kerala & Rio. I already got Athens & Bangkok off my list last year.
    4. To outlive Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones. We are both originally from London, went to the same university, and have only one month difference in age.
    5. To love and laugh and cry until the very end.
    6. To be buried at sea in a gold coffin, thereby overcoming the saying that " You can't take it with you."
    Sorry to intrude, Kiz!

But unless you court danger, I suggest you postpone Rio in your list.
    Itīs presently under military intervention with lots of shooting on the streets going on.
    Regards,
    Danik
    Updated 04-30-2018 at 10:18 PM by Danik 2016
    Thanks for the warning Danik.

Perhaps its because I've worked, or visited some rather dangerous places, ( Saudi, South Africa, Papua New Guinea) over the years, that I actually get a kick from it. Having to be more streetwise and sharpen up your senses makes me feel more alive. It also improves your writing!!

Even holiday wise, I prefer places like Kingston, Jamaica that are vibrant and have an undercurrent of danger, as opposed to some dull beach in Spain. In Rio I would limit myself to where I felt comfortable, and certainly would not walk around like a tourist flashing money and wearing expensive watches, rings etc.
    I see you got the idea, Manichean.
    I know you are used to all kinds of scenarios, but even the people from Rio arenīt used to whatīs happening there now.
    Regards,
    Danik
    Quote Originally Posted by MANICHAEAN
    If you Google "life expectancy" you will find there a formula that roughly determines how long you have got before you kick the bucket ( e.g. current age, smoker status, any heart problems, exercise status, weight, height, waist measurement etc).

In my case it appears that I can look forward to another 9 years.

Thus in order to answer your original question, my bucket list is as follows:

1. To graduate beyond short story writing & come up with a book I can be proud of.
    2. Learn how to cook a biriani dish.
    3. Holidays in: Palermo, Istanbul, Kerala & Rio. I already got Athens & Bangkok off my list last year.
    4. To outlive Mick Jagger of the Rolling Stones. We are both originally from London, went to the same university, and have only one month difference in age.
    5. To love and laugh and cry until the very end.
    6. To be buried at sea in a gold coffin, thereby overcoming the saying that " You can't take it with you."
    Thank you, MANICHAEAN, for your thoughts. Great list, and I had to chuckle at that last one! *smiles*
    Hey Danik, no problem. Blogs are for conversation, too.
    What about you? Do you have a Bucket List?
    A very vague one and not exactly a list. I would love to travel to several countries of South America and Europe.
    I also subscribe to item 5. of Manicheamīs list!