View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

Taxi Fare Shirker and the Tail of the Three Rottweiler Dogs

Rate this Entry
It was a warm evening.

A young man hailed a taxi and proceeded to have the taxi take him to several places, to get his shopping done. After a while, he had a rather large fare accumulated.

Before the taxi driver could do anything, the young man jumped out of the taxi at a stop light and proceeded to sprint through various properties, to get away.

The taxi driver decided that he was going to give chase -- there was a huge fare at stake!

Meanwhile, the young man, desperate, ran up to a property enclosed by a tall fence, and leaped over the top, and into the backyard of a homeowner, to escape the ensuing chase, crashing with bags and baggage...

HOWEVER: what the young man did not know was that three Rottweiler dogs were quietly relaxing in the comfort of their own backyard on a nice summer's evening. Yes, the young man leapt into the yard of said dogs and startled them from a peaceful doggy nap.

I don't know if you know the nature of a Rottweiler. They are large, muscular, and completely loyal to their master/s. They are NOT to be reckoned with. Personally, when I see a Rottweiler, I see the complete muscular nature of that dog. Pure muscle.

Anyhow, the bottom line is that all three of the Rottweiler dogs immediately awoke and chaos ensued. They began to attack the fugitive, whilst the taxi driver was pounding on the front door of the home.

One occupant of the house saw to the taxi driver, while the other occupant tried to end the backyard melee. An ambulance was called, as the young man was severely attacked.

After all was said and done, the fugitive paid his taxi fare.

Meanwhile ... the authorities decided that all three of the Rottweiler dogs had to be destroyed, as they were a hazard to people.

WHAT????

Neighbors claimed that one would not even know that the homeowners owned one dog, much less three, as they were good, obedient and quiet animals. The homeowners also had children, and there was not one problem with the dogs.

The problem was that some BUM leaped over a fence, startled the dogs, and that was when the dogs went into 'protection mode' ... (I would seriously hate to be on the end of that, let me tell you!).

Why am I blogging about this?

Well, the question arises -- should those dogs have been removed and killed??

Personally, I say NO. Flat out NO.

There is no grey between the white and black of The Law. If a dog attacks, it is put down. Period. But I felt that this situation was different and a little grey was needed here...

Thems my thoughts, what are yours? Either way I respect your opinion (you all know what a dog nut I am and all...)

K♥zzo
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Tragic. Yes, there are definitely grey overtones that should be addressed by people with conscience.
    dogs yes, people - they are on a case by case..
    Thank you, tailor and tony, for your input.
    Well what's the point of a guard dog, if he's not allowed to guard? That was idiotic. Was that a true story? Where did it happen?
    Those dogs were not kept as guards ... they were genuinely beautiful and good family dogs. I think that any dogs sleeping in their backyards, be it 3 poodles, 3 Golden Retrievers, or even 3 little Chihuahuas would have reacted exactly the same way.

This was indeed a true story. Occurred in a city in Manitoba. I have researched the newscarriers to see if I could find a link. I have yet to find a link -- this tale was not a recent one -- probably five or six years ago... so I will post a link once procured.