View RSS Feed

day in a life

Reading, a bit

Rate this Entry
Well I didn't get any books for Christmas, now that is rare. Except the last santa always gives me a present too so he got me 'The Hunting of the Snark' I had wanted to read it for a while and he (I) found a pretty copy with pictures. If the comment last santa doesn't make sense that is because here on the ice we have 13 of them and they come one each night starting 13 days before Christmas and the last one leaves gifts on the morning of the 24th, we celebrate on that day. Anyway he got me this book of poetry. I decided to borrow a book from my brother, the one I got him as a joke last year, it is a crime thriller by Richard Castle, yes the tv character, a very easy simple read but exciting and fun. It is getting me going again. Maybe not having a job had more of an impact on me than I thought, and now I have a job, not the dream job I thought I'd get after university but a job. I'll start next week.

Light reading may be what I need at the moment after 6 years of uni reading and uni thinking. Castle is that.

I am not the type to make new year resolutions, but at uni at the beginning of every semester I felt like it was a new start and new plans should be made to make things simpler or better in some way. I have some thoughts on that now too, get back into reading for one. Planning ahead is another, that is actually what I always do but being unemployed changed that in a way so I need to get back on track. And now that I am working I want to start saving for a few things, I would love to take a trip with my son, I have never done that and maybe I can afford to do that in the fall. I also want a car and just some stability, haven't had that for a while.

Well anyways, reading and planning ahead is next for me.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Helga! It's been ages. I hope you and your son are doing well. Did you ever finish your University degree?
    hey Virgil, yes I did, I have a BA and MA in literature and a diploma in translation studies. Finished last spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Helga
    hey Virgil, yes I did, I have a BA and MA in literature and a diploma in translation studies. Finished last spring.
    That's fantastic!