View RSS Feed

Virgil

Matthew and Shakespeare

Rate this Entry
Let me copy this over from my personal blog. Matthew is my son and you can go back into my past blogs to learn more about him and our adoption. Anyway he's eight years old now. This happened the other day.

OK, I was reading a Shakespeare play (Henry VI, Part 1) out of my big complete volume containing all of Shakespeare’s plays and poetry. The binding is literally at least six inches thick, and is about eight by ten in dimension. It’s a big book.

Matthew sees the book and says, “Wow, what’s in that?”

“It’s a book written by William Shakespeare,” I respond.

“Was he a famous writer?”

“One of the most famous.”

“He must have written a lot.”

“Yes, he wrote a lot of plays,” I said. “Do you know what a play is?”

Matthew looks me in the eye, crouches into a second baseman stance, pantomimes he is catching a ball and tagging a runner out.

“Ha!” I chuckle. “Not that kind of play.”

Matthew thinks again. “You mean like in football. He thought up a lot of football plays?”

Hahaha, OK, we’ll have to see a play.

Here’s a picture from a couple of weeks ago. We were at the house of one of my friends and there was a bowl of potato chips and Matthew pulled out what he says is “the world’s largest potato chip, the world record!”

IMG_0206.jpg

That is a big chip, but he’s just too much.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Kids say and do the darnedest things, lol!
    Matthew sure has grown up, wow! And that chip? It is as big as his hand. I say he is right -- it is a world record for the biggest chip, lol.
    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Virgil.
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws
    Kids say and do the darnedest things, lol!
    Matthew sure has grown up, wow! And that chip? It is as big as his hand. I say he is right -- it is a world record for the biggest chip, lol.
    Hope you and your family had a wonderful Christmas, Virgil.
    Oh we did and I hope you did too Kiz!