View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Day 16 On Day 17

Rate this Entry
A cute little penguin in a scarf.
So it’s about 7am now so it’s actually tomorrow but never mind. I have finally finished making all my cards.
Well sort of. I’ve put them together. Now I just need to stamp a sentiment inside all 17 and then it’s definitely all done.

We were supposed to put the tree up today but I wanted to finish my cards first. The last post is the 21st for 1st class post and I rather it not be left that late. If I can finish my cards first then I can get all of my card stuff out of the way (I ‘ve got all the Christmas stuff in a convenient bag now so it’s a lot easier to transport. It’s all spread out over about 5 carrier bags but now they’re all in a bigger stronger bag for easy transport and storage.)
My back hurts from terrible posture, I think, and my left elbow hurts again because I keep leaning on it, since I’m right handed. If I shut my eyes tight and open them the corners of my eyes twitch for a moment, mostly the right one but I think that might be because there’s still a stye in there. It improved when I bather them before bed but not we don’t have the hot water on every morning because mum doesn’t go to work every day now and it’s also colder which means the water comes out colder to start with anyway so I haven’t been bathing them. I’m not sure cold water will have the nessecary soothing effect. And I wouldn’t trust the water in the kettle. It’s riddled with limescale. Might be okay to ingest (I wouldn’t know personally because I don’t drink hot drinks and certainly not ones that require hot water. Too watery) but I’m not sure I want it near my eye if it’s already sruggling with an infection.

Of course another reason for my aches at the moment might be because I didn’t go to bed until about 11:30am. Well there was a reason.

Like I said, we were supposed to put the tree up today but I wanted to get my cards done so squeezed another one out and I wanted to put up our Christmas window stickers like I do every year. But you can’t do that with the tree in the way and it’s best to do in daylight for safety, and so you’re not backlit when it’s dark so anyone can see in. I’ve been raised to be very paranoid about that. You don’t want people looking in because they might break in and so on. Digression.
Back to the point.

So I had an idea. When I don’t have to get up before mum gets home on her work days I usually end up staying up until daylight anyway. So why not deliberately stay up and put up the stickers before bed? Because it’ll definitely be dark before I get up, even if I did go to bed early.

Also I wanted to give the windows a quick clean first because they don’t always stick and I found one of the start on the floor last year but it was all chewed up because the dog had gotten to it before I woke up. She doesn’t eat them but she does destroy them. The packaging says that they’re not toxic but don’t taste very nice so you wouldn’t want to eat them anyway. That’s all well and good but can you tell that to my dog?
So I waited far longer than I had to because, as always, I didn’t jump to it as soon as I had the chance. I also got distracted by a cat. That little kitten I mentioned before was in the branches again. I’d like to specify that it’s not a tree that it sits in. A tree wouldn’t worry me. It’s a tangled mass of thorns that have grown completely out of control and have thicker, and surprisingly strong, branches in the middle.

It was perfectly fine but the birds were flitting around. I really need to feed them. We got some more bird food and a new feeder for a new bird nugget style food so I want to put that out. However there is one big obstacle. Around 6ft obstacle. The tree. I keep calling it the tree. I named it Stanley though. I keep forgetting that. I named a mouse Stanley once. Digression.

I tried to shoo the kitten form the window. It wasn’t having any of it. I knew it wasn’t worth it. But a tired brain, particularly my tired brain, makes me do pointless things. So I dragged the tree across the floor and propped him up by the oven (he’s in a little bucket of water temporarily to keep him pretty until we get him put up) and went outside. Predictably the little beast had scarpered. I considered feeding the birds but decided that was unwise because I’d already been distracted enough.
So I set about doing the windows. A little while later I needed to go back into the kitchen and just looked out of the window because I like to and the little beast was there again. But I don’t think I have much to worry about. It’s a very young kitten so it’s chances of actually catching anything under normal circumstances area already pretty slim and when you add that to being 6-7ft of the ground precariously balanced on rather thin thorny branches which the birds freely flit around every single day then I don’t have anything to worry about.

Yeah. So. I cleaned the windows. Put up the stickers and crawled into bed. I actually woke up earlier than expected which both pleases and worries me. I expected to sleep until about 8-9 but ended up getting up about 6:30. I’m not complaining. It gave me time so get some cards done a bit earlier. So I might be very tired by now.

Mum started clearing the table a little bit today. We don’t eat at the table except for Christmas day so a lot of stuff accrues there over the year.

I’ve started wearing my new boots around the house again to stretch them. When I made the Nutella cookies it made sense to put on the boots because standing ought to stretch them better than sitting. Then I did the chocolate chip ones yesterday and today I decided to do it just to get back into the habit.

Anyway. That’s enough of all that for now. I still have cards to stamp and card stuff to clear away.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments