View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Rate this Entry
A sleigh full of presents and a tree.

I baked some Nutella cookies yesterday. Haven’t tasted them fully, just a few crumbs. And today I made chocolate chip cookies but it’s nothing special. It was a premade cookie mix.
What is is is this. Particularly around this time of year you see tv characters and so on who make cookies for friends/family/co-workers and I see that and want to do it too but there are some issues. The main one being that mum doesn’t eat sweets as much as me, well not the kinds of things I bake anyway. So I’d be the one having to eat them all. But this year I’ve decided to see if I can make a nice selection for her to take into work. I’ll also get to practice my icing technique in case I make gingerbread for the family again. I usually do but it will depend on timing and most of all my mood. Last year I used premade icing because I made them last minute but I’d like to achieve a reasonably professional picture perfect Christmas film look one day.

I decided to do Nutella because they have these sweet little designs on the smaller jars and I have a bunch of old jars as glasses anyway so, unlike with other breakable things, I don’t get too upset if they get broken because I have a bunch of them.
But, like with most things, you introduce a cute little set, particularly a limited edition set, and I have the desire to collect it. And what with Christmas being so close I thought a little set would be adorable. But how to achieve it?

I’d already considered various cookies for my cookie plan. Then I had a thought. Surely you can make Nutella cookies. Better still the recipe I found requires 275g of Nutella. One of the little jars I want only weighs 200g total. So I can get two down in one go. It was very close though because the 200g weight also takes into account the weight of the glass. I had just enough. I also have another one that I’ve been eating trough but I couldn’t use that for making food for other people because, as I’m the only one who eats it, I tend to lick the knife between spreads. It’s almost finished so I’ll have 3 out of 4 but the fourth one is hearts which seems more of a valentine’s day thing so I don’t mind. I have a white reindeer, green Christmas trees and yellow gingerbread men.

I’m also considering making (but they all take longer than these first two) gingerbread, pumpkin spice (which is the gingerbread recipe but with pumpkin spice in place of ginger), a vanilla sugar cookie that I can ice and the cinnamon ones I made at Uni.
That way I’ll have a nice varied mix and I’ll probably have too many for mum to take all of them to work for her colleagues so I might be able to have a couple of each for us at home.

In additional news I only have 7 cards left to make but I kind of cheated because I’ve put together premade cards. Well the card part is premade but they’re cross stitch cards. I did the stitching a while ago. But it still counts

So. That is all.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I would love to sample that Nutella cookie. Sounds great!
    Well if you're interested here's the one I used

http://allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/31746...--cookies.aspx