View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

Day 14 in the Advent Calendar

Rate this Entry
And the half the housemates have been eaten. The most recent eviction…
A gingerbread man.

Never actually watched Big Brother. I didn’t much like the concept and every time I did stray onto it they were asleep anyway.

I tried replacing the shower hose today. It was a little disastrous. Mum needed to wash her hair so I changed the hose before she got there and didn’t tell her because I wanted an unbiased opinion on whether it was better or not. For some reason the pressure has been pretty poor. Mum changed the shower head a while ago but not the hose. So I decided to finally do that now.

Well it didn’t work as planned. The washer supplied isn’t thick enough and water ended up spurting out of the hose. Mum suggested salvaging a washer from the old hose and doubling them up. That worked to a degree. It actually came out of the shower head. It seems the water pressure was about the same so no change there but now the tap leaks more when the shower is on, which is another little problem I hoped a new hose would fix. *sigh*

I’ll see if fiddling with the washers makes any difference later.
I like to think I’m a practical person. You don’t always need to get in a tradesman to fix little problems. You know my dad’s a builder (but he dabbles in other minor aspects. However for a major thing he has to bring in a professional, usually a mate) so I’ve picked little things up from him. So I like to think I’m a little handier than an average person. Then I get a mishap like this and I wonder if I’m not as smart as I think I am.
Oh well.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments