View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

The 13th Day of Christmas

Rate this Entry
This one’s a little longer. It’s Santa in his sleigh being pulled by a reindeer. It’s really sweet and I think it’d look really cute as a little decoration on a cake.

When I was younger I kept wanting to keep my calendars because I figured that all I had to do was melt some fresh chocolate and pour it in and I’ve have new Christmas chocolates. But I accepted that it was silly to keep them.
Just like my mum always accepted that we weren’t going to reuse the wrapping paper. But My dad didn’t accept that. So ever since I was little he told me to carefully open the paper because it could be reused. But I never quite understood why the paper still got thrown away. I used to want to tear into wrapping paper like the cartoon characters do but then started feeling kind of proud of not tearing.

But now, like with many things he told me to do or not to do when I was little, he’s completely flipped it around and now says go on tear it. But because I feel excited but kind of anxious around gifts I open very slowly. But this anxiety is mainly due to the unknown. Especially since neither of my parents seem to know me well enough to be confident in their choices or for me to have confidence in them. The biggest problem with me is unless there’s something that I’m particularly into then even I don’t know what I want until I see it. And because I don’t really do anything the things that I do secretly want/like are silly things that are a waste of time, money and space.
But at least I’m quietly confident about the gifts I’m giving this year and, at the moment at least, that’s all that really matters to me.
By the way. Review of one of my t-shirt bras is as follows. Nice feeling material. Don’t hate the straps but haven’t quite gotten them right yet. Very much approve of the slight padding. Not such a fan of the underwire. It’s a bit more than I’m used to and goes too high. Attempts to correct this have slightly misshapen the wire so I doubt I could return them now. But I’m willing to give it a good go before I condemn it entirely.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments