View RSS Feed

Kiz_Paws Bag Of Trix

To All Nerds Out There

Rate this Entry
LoL! I must have time on my hands today.

Anyhow, I did a Google Search on "what is a nerd". I was given several dictionary definitions of said word, amongst a very long list of internet places to visit to get a feel for this 'affliction' if you will.

Nonetheless, in my perspective, growing up, you were a NERD if you:

- did not attend the local school's dances
- attended the dances without a date
- visited your grandma on the weekend instead of going to the mall with your friends
- had a curfew
- played a musical instrument (piano, violin, etc.) instead of playing your rock and roll music full blast at your parents house
- didn't dress in the latest fashions, no matter how risqué they were
- studied on Saturday night, instead of carousing with your friends at someone's house
- had to make sure that parents were home when a friend was throwing a party

That is to name a few.

So, it is with NO regret that I can proudly say that I was a nerd, if we are judging from the list above.

I look back on my life and see that my parents were actually on to something. I didn't turn out too bad. When my grandma passed away, I was proud that I was of comfort to her in her golden years. I learned to play the piano and actually make money from this skill. My schooling led to an awesome career that I could never have believed possible. And I am happy in life.

So to all 'nerds' out there: I salute you!

Over and out
K♥zzo

Comments

Good for you!
    And so was I. And I still am!!! And proud of it.

Hey Kiz.

I always loved all those emoticons Lit Net has.
    Hey Virg.
    Me toooo!
    Good to see you, and glad to hear you understood the meaning of 'nerd', lol!