View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

My ADD Kitty

Rate this Entry
Ajani (my new little kitty) is starting to settle in now and he is not as shy any more, which means I have kitten pictures now. I do think that he is a bit ADD which is kind of cute. When playing with him, he gets very hyped up and than cannot make up his mind as to what he wants to do, he gets overwhelmed trying to play with five different things at once. I like to use old shoelaces to play with my cats, and so Ajani will chase that for a while and then run off to do something else, and then start pouncing in leaves, and climbing over cardboard boxes before remembering the string again and running back to chase it for a while. He is a bit like a little Springbok at times the way he does bounce and hop all around, and sometimes he will just pop straight up in the air.

Also when I first brought him home from the shelter I had some concerns about the fact that he seemed to be so skinny. I presumed that the shelter was taking care of him and when I got him he was in this room with several other kittens and there where dishes of food in there, but because he is so small and shy he might have been bullied away from the food by the other cats. I would be nervous picking him up and holding him because he seemed so tiny and fragile. But I happy to see that he already is starting to put on some weight and is starting to look more like a normal healthy little kitten.

DSC05906.jpg

DSC05904.jpg

DSC05913.jpg

DSC05915.jpg
Categories
Random Musings

Comments

I like the last pic, combined with your description of him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutted
    I like the last pic, combined with your description of him.
    Haha thank you, yeah that was the only time I could get a pic of him actually sitting still. Before when I kept trying to take photos he was bouncing around all over the place wanting to play and it was the first time he had been introduced to a camera, so he was very curious and wary of it.
    Cute. I'm really enjoying my kitten. Ajani looks almost like my Tiger, domestic short hair, grey tabby. You can see Tiger on my blog posts here:
    http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....ch/label/Tiger
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    Cute. I'm really enjoying my kitten. Ajani looks almost like my Tiger, domestic short hair, grey tabby. You can see Tiger on my blog posts here:
    http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....ch/label/Tiger
    Cute kitty. He reminds me a bit of my older cat Strega when he was a kitten. He is also a gray/brown tabby cat.
    What a cutie!