deeply rooted in tradition,
i have discovered new-found vision,
who i am and what i stand for is written
in these lines, a bit of life, past history,
and then all of peace i have found.
and life, let us share peace.
to all of the world.
revision.

I searched for a good while for the right title for this - I share a bit of my life, of my thoughts, and the rest is all about peace.

others I thought of were

"protecting all species"
"protection and peace"
"eternal way of peace"
"on peace" (my friend)
-that is, that one was hers.

I also thought of "who I am and what I stand for."

or "on protection of life"

without further ado:

"on protection of life's harmony."

When I was younger, one of my mentors was this incredbily brilliant guy from Uzbekistan.. I remember him telling me once he scored a 162 on an IQ exam when he was 16, and he paused, 'in English.' Not that he was bragging, and, as Whitman says, "it ain't bragging if you done it," he was a very soft spoken person, and kind.. he was one of the best Doom 2 players, around the 3rd best in the world, he averred.. I was very good at computer games myself, but the best score I got against him was 37-50, which I was rather proud of. He was also an incredibly good chess player, naturally enough, and taught me a lot about blind-fold chess.. I still love it a lot to this day, although I haven't had a chance to play in years.. He was a computer programmer as well - this perhaps explains the Doom 2 bit, would have made more sense if I had put it before - but then life doesn't make much sense, unless you are really good at it. (And if it starts to make sense, then you can generally know you are getting good at it). He had this great collection of music, which he had bought 'when he was rich,' he said; over a 1000 albums or so. . . and he was very kind to me, he gave me a good deal of it (on mp3 CDs).. among others, he gave me 20 Tull albums, on 2 disks, about 9 or 10 of Zeppelin, Floyd, Deep Purple, ELO, The Alan Parson's Project, and others, including maybe 7 of Les Rockets; 3 or so Space, and a lot of other, wonderful obscure music.. Later on I got to Armchair Theatre. . . it was great to get this wonderful music; later on I actually learned how to play the stuff.. I am sharing all this just because.. as Jung said, the cause of the all ill in the world is that people's stories don't get to be told. Of my mentors, this is the one that I never found again, he moved back to Uzbekistan, and didn't make it easy for himself to be found - this is a good idea as well, along wtih many others. Lately, have you noticed the phenomenon of mobbing? It's a new thing on Twitter - if someone says something wrong. . . sometimes, people are mobbing them now, and this can scar soemone for life, (thus I have heard), so I would encourage everyone not to do this! Also, not to be on Twitter, it's just not worth it.

Although - in today's age, socially, online accounts and stuff are becoming the main glue of social fabric. . . There was a group of kids - girls - that were good friends, and then one of them was unable to buy the latest tech, or got it confiscated and taken away in a grounding - and suddenly the group dropped her; not only not talking online, but even not talking to her in class when they were in the same room. Ouch!

Not respectable behavior - neither is the mobbing. So - once again let us return to our roots, and seek peace. The upside of all this is - we are a new species almost; one that is totally inter-connected in a way that's never been there before.

The principles of preserving oneself, or seeking peace, and then sharing it - which has been ancient and considered the best thing to do from every culture and tradition (Saint Anthony, father of saints, went into the wilderness for 20 years, when he was 18, seeking God; then he returned to city, imbued with the Holy Spirit, and was able to heal many, many people for the rest of his life, because he followed this principle. . .)

"For a while we lived with people, but we saw
no sign in them of the faithfulness we wanted.
It is better to hide completely within,
as water hides in metal, as fire hides in a rock." -- Rumi

"It is after all the greatest art to isolate and limit oneself," -- Goethe

"But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far,
far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that
you're connected with everything." -- Alan Watts

It's ancient as time itself (and further) and it's within every culture, and every wisdom tradition of the globe - Peace is Highest; to seek peace and share it is the one best thing to do in life. As Jetsun Mila described, it is the worthwhile thing to do.

My friend was also a very, very brilliant artist, and it was beautiful to see his pen-artwork. In comparison, I didn't draw much, although I did make some very artistic and beautiful maps in Dune, and this has always been one of my favourite things - the map editors in Unreal and other games based off that engine are wonderful.. one can create spectacular worlds in it.

So, looking around at the world today, one may ask, what is the most important thing to do? It is no longer what we previously thought - following a program of life laid out by the system. No - the most important thing in life is to preserve and protect the species life of biodiversity, and all the animals, birds, fish, and all the plants, and all the other species that do not have a voice in human affairs, except for that which we give them.

They are more important. Secondarily - of course, it is to instill peace in the future generations - to create peace in the world today - that is, to create resistance to the war machine, until we can have peace for good on this earth. These two are so intricately linked, of course - as one leads to the other, and the other leads to the one. . . For instance, the fewer resources there are - it will require more strength of character (of which we, and I mean every individual, has a near infinite, untapped reserve, so obviously, we can do this, anything is possible) to lead the way to peace; to be strong leaders for peace, to be kind, to be intelligent, to be brilliant - which every human being has the potential and capacity for being.. As G. Harrison puts it, "All souls are potentially divine." But it takes a lot of love to get there, as well as many lifetimes of peace.

So the situation is changing - every day it is more and more different from before - although it has always been the same, and if anyone could have presaged our current situation millennia ago, they would have said to learn to live in harmony with nature, even as we are seeing today is the most important thing. And many such did - But there is hope- indeed there is always hope, and one should never lose sight of this for an instant, for as Hanh, the leader of the Rinzai school of Buddhism, says, hope is so important because with it, we can bear a hardship today, having hope and faith in a future tomorrow. Indeed, infinite hope, preserverence, peace are among the highest ideals. Beloved Vivekananda shared these.. with great wisdom, insight and beauty. As a high monk from India shared with me, 'You see, all these motivational speakers are correct, and what they are saying is partially correct, you can do anything. But the question is, what should you be doing?'

Heal oneself, so that one may be able to heal others; in other words, seek and attain deep peace, so that one may share peace with others - very, very ancient and valid formula. The main issue that stands in our way of achieving things in life, is our division within our self - a la The Mother, or Mira Alfassa. If our energy is unified, we can attain lofty mountain peaks. We can follow through with our promises. We can reach the wisdom our ancestors knew, and we can reach the divine life on earth.

So attain complete unity within oneself is so valuable, especially in this day and age when there are so many projections, suggestions and formations floating around which literally have nothing to do with us. The theory behind this is worked out in William James, 4th chapter, in Varieties, and Hanh's teachings, and countless others - all wisdom traditions do agree on certain things - when we reach oneness, then alone do we know true peace; and so forth. And faith in oneself, is among the highest and most important ideals. Schopenhauer, Emerson, McKenna, and countless others - every philosopher worth his salt, has emphasized among the most strongly - think for oneself. . . Do not give power up to others - regain your sovereignty. My practice which I emphasize and encourage is to study all wisdom traditions, and reintegrate oneself into life, and rooted in one's source and roots. The specific practice to regain power - auto-suggestion, or self-suggestion - specifically, ones such as "I am healthy," "I am at peace," "I am strong," and those that bring joy and happiness, as these spread joy and happiness to others. . along with varieties of these - whichever feels most healing, most strengthening, most kind to oneself - for being compassionate with ourselves, on the work of healing ourselves, is necessary for us to be compassionate with others. These might be - I have found are nice - ones such as "I am protected," "I am cared for," "I am loved," "I am safe," and if one wishes to go further, "I am love."

So what I wish to encourage is a wake-up call, a radical reversal of our trends, which have led us to this place where we feel we have to keep going in the same destructive direction, because we do not! Peace is possible - this is the very most essential meme that ought to be shared with all - and secondly, faith in oneself, trust in oneself - this is the absolute key which opens the door to our salvation.

"Happiness does not come from the consumption of things."

"Because you are alive, everything is possible."

(Hanh)

It's a wake up call - but I feel everyone already knows it. . . I genuinely do feel the world is already enlightened; every single person knows as much as I do, knows the divine peace, already, and I feel the whole world is waking up faster than ever before. In other words, the Pure Land is here and now, and the Infinite High Heaven is right here and now. And also all other realms. So let us go high to reach the highest peace, and then share it.

And How is the best way to share it? I Can only speak from my limited experience - but I have seen that when energies meet - if Peace is fully realized, it always wins through. . . In other words, there are so, so many different energies. . .

What I mean is - the energy of mindfulness, the energy of love - these are healing, and strengthening; these are able to restore us to pure and complete health. .. and to do so - once we have done so, then we can be a source of strength, hope and peace, to our community, and to the world. Once we attain it, it becomes easier to stand strong, to breakthrough and to prevent war from happening again -

We are all acting together, and we are all as important as every other. . . Those who do not know this, those who ever tell you the opposite - they are lost, and it is better to work for something new than to try to save them. Everyone matters, and pretty much, we all matter equally. . . this is the core of it- that those who have no voice, they deserve protection as much as every other.

So to spread the energies of compassion, mindfulness, healing and love - all based on peace - we must find them first, and learn to speak compassionately, and from this great work may be accomplished.

How do I know we can slow down, de-escalate, and turn off the war machine? Because I know that we are all acting together - we all are the moving parts of this, and by passive resistance to the war, and active spreading of compassion, healing and love, we can heal humanity entirely, and attain the peace which never fades. Heal the tree of the blight, in such a way that it will never return.

First it is necessary to protect oneself, so that one may heal, and grow, into a full and strong tree, and then to share the ideas that brought this highest peace, this highest bliss, healing and love, so that the divine life and peace may be felt and known for many millennia.

"Fill the brain with high thoughts, highest ideals, place them day and night before you, and out of that will come great work." -- Swami Vivekananda.

Do not let anyone tell you that you are not in perfect health, that you are not completely, fully healed, because knowing and believing that you are, you are. (cf. William James, healthy-mindedness)

Do not tell anyone they are weak, and tell all, "have no fear."

Learn from the highest saints of each tradition, of each continent, in this way it is possible to reach their wisdom and truth in the shortest route possible - this has nothing to do with institutions;

Protect our Mother Earth, save and protect all her species - we are all one, vast, interconnected web of life; if we attain lasting harmony with Her, then we may have many millennia, countless millennia, to explore the divine life on earth; to explore the infinite heaven while we are still here. There are infinite realms of consciousness, they may be found right here on Earth. . .

Lastly - energies - work from peace, mindfulness, eternal preserverence and patience. . . Busy-ness is not our friend; eternal patience is.

"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." -- Emerson

When we have eternal patience, then we are kind - when we have no time, then we are more likely to ignore suffering. Therefore (one other, simple and in all likelihood, unchanging laws of the universe), patience is our friend, for it allows us to be compassionate, and reach love and peace; haste is not, in the long run, our best friend...

What energy we find, embody, maintain, that is the energy which we share with the world.

Our intention toward others reflects their intention towards us - and when we see others as kind, benevolent, loving, patient, and wise - they tend to become this way. "The eye altering, alters all." --William Blake

"In the divine consciousness, one cannot be harmed." -- Mira Alfassa

"If I am to hear another man's opinion, let it be expressed positively." -- Goethe

"It is a poor pupil who doesn't surpass his master." -- Goethe

So I wished to create this preamble - if it seems out of place, forgive; these are only some words. . . to introduce the idea, that working for protection of species = #1 goal, and how to attain one's best strength, healing, and energy. . .

Two songs:

Love Our Mother Earth

Love our Mother Earth,
know the things she does with such delight,
know when she tells you her season is right,
Love our sweet Mother earth.

To win others over, cheerfulness, kindness, strength, peace, and hope, and sharing all of these - this is the best way. . stay cheerful in the face of adversity - this was a Sufi saint's remark.

You can achieve anything - but what to do with such an ability?

Save Me Now

One day the Earth woke up, said,
"Boy, it's a-getting hot.
And remember all those trees I had, well,
Now there ain't a lot.
And my eyes kept slowly trickling,
down to where the party's at.
And if everybody's going there, then
that's the end of that."

Mother Earth, Pentangle

(in full)

One day the earth woke up, said
Boy, I feel half dead
Somebody's turnin' up the poison
And it's gettin' in my head

Sometimes I wish my guests
Would move away somewhere
Yes I'm burnin' up all over
I can't even breathe the air

Save me now, save me now
Save me now
Save me now, save me now

One day the earth woke up, said
Boy, it's gettin' hot
And remember all those trees I had
But now there ain't a lot

And my eyes kept slowly tricklin'
Down to where the party's at
And if everybody's goin' there
Well, that's the end of that

Save me now, save me now
Come on and
Save me now, save:.:.:.:

---

Once, you were in heaven,
You felt the infinite life,
Now you are on earth,
To help us end all strife.

Only learn to be yourself,
Help share the infinite peace.
There is only one place to go,
It is the way to heart's release.

(my own song)

--

In the Galaxy, Les Rockets

The country side is calling loud - in the Galaxy.

oh - and all I have done, is reduce my energy use and consumption of resources ( = life ) by about 95% of the average person here - it still feels like a very small step. . . and indeed, this is the striving which we humans know so well, to attain heights of mastery of skills; but it need not be done with any feeling of dearth, of any feeling of incompleteness - there may be the feeling of striving all for right, for peace, and yet knowing fully the feeling of completeness- love and total healing restores all our powers, to be healed completely restores our powers - and fully knowing love is the way to healing.

"Loving ourselves is the foundation of loving another person."

“It is possible to live twenty-four hours a day in a state of love. Every movement, every glance, every thought, and every word can be infused with love.”

“Guarding knowledge is not a good way to understand. Understanding means to throw away your knowledge.”

“Nonviolent action, born of the awareness of suffering and nurtured by love, is the most effective way to confront adversity.”

“Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything - anger, anxiety, or possessions - we cannot be free.”

“I would not look upon anger as something foreign to me that I have to fight. I have to deal with my anger with care, with love, with tenderness, with nonviolence.”

“Through my love for you, I want to express my love for the whole cosmos, the whole of humanity, and all beings. By living with you, I want to learn to love everyone and all species. If I succeed in loving you, I will be able to love everyone and all species on Earth... This is the real message of love.”

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”

“The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy.”

“I am determined to practice deep listening. I am determined to practice loving speech.”

“The present moment is filled with joy and happiness. If you are attentive, you will see it. ”

(more quotes of Thay)

My love, she said, I am a good boy.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments