View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Making Money the Old-fashioned Way

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Someone I am acquainted with made an interesting suggestion. He said that he would turn me in as Joseph Mengele and collect the reward. I pointed out that I don’t look even a day over ninety years old, and he mentioned that some of Mengele’s experiments were with transplantation of flesh and he would have rejuvenated himself. Well he hasn’t tried it yet, so I looked up Mengele and learned that the body of a drowned man was identified as Mengele. I don’t know if they used DNA at the time, but there are remains that could be examined for DNA, and I am sure that close relatives of Mengele exist.

I mentioned this idea, which was more a joke than anything else, to someone who suggested that Hitler might be a better idea than Mengele. Hitler was just a pile of ashes when his purported remains were found. I don’t know how thorough the burning was, but you can’t get DNA from ashes. Unlikely though it might be; it is possible that one of his doubles was shot and burned, while Hitler changed into a soldier’s uniform and surrendered along with the others in the Reichstag. He was only fifty-six years old, so he could have survived naturally for several decades, but with the aid of some spare parts and expert medical work by Mengele and others he would be approaching his one hundred twenty-sixth anniversary. And over the decades he will have grown taller and broader; I'm taller and heavier of build than Hitler was. And it is very interesting that he has completely forgotten the German language in the years since he faked his disappearance.

I don’t know whether he left any close relatives with whom DNA comparison would be possible, but there must be some collateral relatives with whom the male sex chromosome could be compared. But that line may not be known. I don't know.

This seemed like a perfectly cockamamie idea when I first heard it, but it has more legs than most such. The big problem I have with it is that the consequences of getting caught after collecting the reward might be rather severe, but I might be able to demonstrate that I was an innocent victim of that other person's get rich quick scheme. No one could believe that I was serious about it. I really don't look a day over ninety. Hell! I don't even look a day over sixty or fifty, or -. Well, let's just leave that there. I have never claimed to be someone that I am not. I'll even return all of my share of the money. Then I'll write a book about it. It appears that a fair number of people have found that Hitler did escape the bunker and lived for some time in South America, but there appears to be disagreement as to exactly where he lived, Argentina, Paraguay, or Brazil.

Yes, there might be money in faking something like that. Claiming to be from another planet was successful for several people a few decades ago, and there may even be people doing that now (link below). It might seem very 1950's, but if someone were to appear near a place where a UFO was sighted, and that person claimed to be from a planet that orbited some distant star, then there might be a good living in it, especially if the person who does the fakery will make a good impression on the people that he meets. Just picture me in a suit and a good fedora walking up to someone on a street and asking how I might contact the authorities. I wouldn't even consider saying, "Take me to your leader."

Another traditional way to scam one’s way to wealth has been through religion. One can “reap a mighty harvest tax free,” as a character on “Route 66” put it. I don’t recall what happened on that show, but that was a great line. Some people who start religions are perfectly sincere, but there have been many people like Smith, Pratt, and Rigdon, who created Mormonism from a novel by Salomon Spalding and fair understandings of the Bible. And it looks like L. Ron Hubbard’s creation may become a long term scam, unless it starts coming apart pretty soon. I sometimes still think of starting my own religion, but I am an old-fashioned polytheist, so I haven’t concocted anything; I have simply borrowed from existing sources. Now I need to find people to start to contribute.

So which one should I try? Religion, Hitler, or alien? Which one are you planning to do and why? And if you aren't making such plans, then why not?

Article about one Venusian, Valiant Thor
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/bb/stranges.htm

Maybe Hitler did fake his death. Fuzzy photos can be very useful
http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird/...razilian-lover

New book claims THIS picture proves Hitler escaped his Berlin bunker and died in South America in 1984 aged 95
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...4-aged-95.html

Or maybe he lived in Argentina
http://www.sharkhunters.com/book1.htm

Updated 02-17-2015 at 04:15 PM by PeterL

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quote Originally Posted by Trina Strange
    Dear readers,

Please be aware that the site linked by Trina Strnage has all of the earmarks of a scam. If someone thinks that I should simply remove the link, let me know, and I will.

But this site is an excellent example of today's way of trying to scam people.