View RSS Feed

Om

Another warm day

Rate this Entry
So, we've had our 9th or 10th very warm day in a row, when it was in the 70's, or a couple times 60's, most of the day. . And very sunny, except for a few clouds today and two days ago. Today it actually got pretty hot. Yesterday we broke the record high for the day by 6 degrees, since 1914. I guess, for a few days it's been record high. Depending on where you are; I suppose in Oklahoma City they may have broken a 122 year record today. One reason I don't care for cities, they are way hotter than being in the country, because of all the pavement and buildings. Other things I looked at said we tied the previous high of 77 today. I'm not very interested in what's going on in the city, anyway.

Precise highs aside, it's been in general, 30 or so degrees higher than normal. . But numbers altogether aside, it's warm! It's very pleasant, although there's a high risk of wildfires lately.

Around August or later I had a pretty good idea we would have a mild winter this year. It did get cold for a week or two, but got pretty warm again pretty quickly.

I remember when I was a kid, living in the country, building a snowman with my dad and brother. It was a lot of fun... We did get a lot of snow maybe 4 years ago, but hardly any so far this winter. The one time it did snow, it only lasted half a day. There's still a little ways to go of winter yet, and it's supposed to get cooler again tomorrow, but it hardly feels like winter anymore. It's been confusing the bugs, a few days ago a bee came by me, and the last two days I've seen wasps buzzing around. In fact today was so warm it almost felt like summer. I bet we do get some snow though, before Spring comes and we'll get some rain.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...eaking-warmth/

Spring Song, by Robert Louis Stevenson

The air was full of sun and birds,
The fresh air sparkled clearly.
Remembrance wakened in my heart
And I knew I loved her dearly.

The fallows and the leafless trees
And all my spirit tingled.
My earliest thought of love, and Spring's
First puff of perfume mingled.

In my still heart the thoughts awoke,
Came lone by lone together -