View RSS Feed

Barmy Blue's Bland Blog

So. Christmas

Rate this Entry
My desk is covered in glitter. I'm waiting for my straighteners to completely cool. Then it would be wise to go to bed. Probably won't though.

So. What no advent calendar this year?
Well. I wasn't going to get one this year. I'm 26 now. But I did. But it was basically the same as last year so it wasn't much to get excited about. I kept forgetting and opening windows 2-3 days after.
I think I should be successfully weaned off of them for next year. Not sure if that's a good or kind of sad thing.
But if you really want to know I kept note just in case.
Santa face
Snowman that looks more like a crow
Santa
Snowman
Robin
Snowman
Creepy elf
Creepy she-elf
Snowman
Elf
She-elf
Elf
Elf
Reindeer
Robin
Reindeer
Santa
She-elf
Robin
She-elf
Robin
Reindeer
Reindeer
Santa

I would look through last year's blogs to see if it's the same or not but I can't really be bothered and that would be a little sad.

I'm not really prepared for Christmas.
Well. I sort of am. And sort of not.
I was getting excited about a week before December. So the end of November then. But I was adamant that we not put up any decorations until the 1st of December, and beyond.

Yeah. Well. I kind of lost that buzz by the time December came around.
I only finished making the cards a week into December. Took me about two days because I didn't really start until then.
The decorations and things only really went up last week.

I've been trying to find a book for mum. It's somewhere in the house but we don't know where and she really wants to find it. I thought it would be the best gift of all if I could find it and give it to her for Christmas. Well. I couldn't find it .
I also wanted to find my cat hat to wear when I go to see the family on Sunday. Haven't found that and doubt I will any time soon.
Also. Wanted to put up some of the old hanging decorations. Couldn't find them. Was looking forward to putting out the snowglobes I got last year. One has gone missing. That's disapointing. Also, can't find the big star for the tree. But I did finally find the small one that mum got last year. So I guess that's fine.

I stepped on the dog's rake comb a couple of days ago. It left a red mark but I'm pretty sure it didn't penetrate. I've been paranoid about tetanus for a couple of days but I feel reassured that I've had all three vaccinations over my life that should, hopefully, render me immune. I looked it up. I haven't had any muscle stiffness or spasms so I'm pretty sure I'm fine. I've had muscle aches. Not entirely sure why. I think it's because I'm quite aggressive with the hoovering.
I'm kind of grumpy. Normally that's a bad sign. But (I had to look this up extensively when I had that little spree of doctor's appointments earlier this year) it is considered normal and fine if it happens 3 weeks after the previous one has ended. I'm being vague so as not to unnerve readers. Annoyingly, the "safe" time is Sunday onwards. So that might be an interesting family get together. But it's unlikely and 3 weeks is not my usual, let's say, cycle. I'm going to end this train of thought.

So. For some reason or another I'm kind of grumpy, which is annoying because I've been pretty cheerful lately. And Napoleon called yesterday about some post he's expecting, and he seemed pretty grumpy. So. Today (this Christmas day) is going to be so much fun.

I'm feeling sleepy, which is good because I normally go to bed about 3-4 hours later than this. So remind me to tell you about the sweets on the tree and my Christmas plans to bribe Chi and Usa into thinking of me as the greatest auntie ever. It's not a particularly interesting story but I'd like to write it up anyway.

Happy December 25th everyone.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Merry belated Christmas!