Contents so far:

C. Jung
Ram Dass
Thich Nhat Hanh
da Vinci
Rumi
Alan Watts

C. Jung

“As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.”

“The reason for evil in the world is that people are not able to tell their stories.”

“The decisive question for man is: Is he related to something infinite or not? That is the telling question of his life. Only if we know that the thing which truly matters is the infinite can we avoid fixing our interests upon futilities, and upon all kinds of goals which are not of real importance. Thus we demand that the world grant us recognition for qualities which we regard as personal possessions: our talent or our beauty. The more a man lays stress on false possessions, and the less sensitivity he has for what is essential, the less satisfying is his life. He feels limited because he has limited aims, and the result is envy and jealousy. If we understand and feel that here in this life we already have a link with the infinite, desires and attitudes change.”

“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”

“Faith, hope, love, and insight are the highest achievements of human effort. They are found-given-by experience.”

There is a thinking in primordial images, in symbols which are older than the historical man, which are inborn in him from the earliest times, eternally living, outlasting all generations, still make up the groundwork of the human psyche. It is only possible to live the fullest life when we are in harmony with these symbols; wisdom is a return to them.”

“The highest, most decisive experience is to be alone with one's own self. You must be alone to find out what supports you, when you find that you can not support yourself. Only this experience can give you an indestructible foundation.”

Ram Dass

“We're fascinated by the words--but where we meet is in the silence behind them.”

“As long as you have certain desires about how it ought to be you can't see how it is.”

“The most important aspect of love is not in giving or the receiving: it's in the being. When I need love from others, or need to give love to others, I'm caught in an unstable situation. Being in love, rather than giving or taking love, is the only thing that provides stability. Being in love means seeing the Beloved all around me.”

“Let's trade in all our judging for appreciating. Let's lay down our righteousness and just be together.”

“The next message you need is always right where you are.”

“We are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we are so deeply interconnected with one another.”

“Everything changes once we identify with being the witness to the story, instead of the actor in it.”

“Every religion is the product of the conceptual mind attempting to describe the mystery.”

“The game is not about becoming somebody, it's about becoming nobody.”

“I'm not interested in being a "lover." I'm interested in only being love.”

“The resistance to the unpleasant situation is the root of suffering.”

“Everything in your life is there as a vehicle for your transformation.
Use it!”

“Our whole spiritual transformation brings us to the point where we realize that in our own being, we are enough.”

“Suffering is the sandpaper of our incarnation. It does its work of shaping us.”

"Compassion refers to the arising in the heart of the desire to relieve the suffering of all beings.”

“Our interactions with one another reflect a dance between love and fear.”

“When we see the Beloved in each person, it's like walking through a garden, watching flowers bloom all around us.”

“If you think you are enlightened; go home for Thanksgiving.”

“The question we need to ask ourselves is whether there is any place we can stand in ourselves where we can look at all that's happening around us without freaking out, where we can be quiet enough to hear our predicament, and where we can begin to find ways of acting that are at least not contributing to further destabilization.”

“Learn to watch your drama unfold while at the same time knowing you are more than your drama.”

“There's much more in any given moment than we usually perceive, and that we ourselves are much more than we usually perceive. When you know that, part of you can stand outside the drama of your life.”

“The spiritual journey is individual, highly personal. It can't be organized or regulated. It isn't true that everyone should follow one path. Listen to your own truth.”

“Remember, we are all affecting the world every moment, whether we mean to or not. Our actions and states of mind matter, because we're so deeply interconnected with one another. Working on our own consciousness is the most important thing that we are doing at any moment, and being love is the supreme creative act.”

“As one individual changes, the system changes.”

“Prolong not the past
Invite not the future
Do not alter your innate wakefulness
Fear not appearances
There in nothing more than this”

“We're being trained through our incarnations--trained to seek love, trained to seek light, trained to see the grace in suffering.”

“Do what you can on this plane to relieve suffering by constantly working on yourself to be an instrument for the cessation of suffering. To me, that's what the emerging game is all about.”

“I can do nothing for you but work on myself...you can do nothing for me but work on yourself!”

“My life is a creative act--like a painting, or a concerto.”

“Cosmic humor, especially about your own predicament, is an important part of your journey.”

“Early in the journey you wonder how long the journey will take and whether you will make it in this lifetime. Later you will see that where you are going is HERE and you will arrive NOW...so you stop asking.”

“To him who has had the experience no explanation is necessary, to him who has not, none is possible.”

Talks

Experiments in Truth

Serving the Beloved - Zencast mp3

with Thay - exceptional video

Thich Nhat Hanh

“Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet.”

“When another person makes you suffer, it is because he suffers deeply within himself, and his suffering is spilling over. He does not need punishment; he needs help. That's the message he is sending.”

“Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”

“To be beautiful means to be yourself. You don’t need to be accepted by others. You need to accept yourself.”

“People have a hard time letting go of their suffering. Out of a fear of the unknown, they prefer suffering that is familiar.”

“People usually consider walking on water or in thin air a miracle. But I think the real miracle is not to walk either on water or in thin air, but to walk on earth. Every day we are engaged in a miracle which we don't even recognize: a blue sky, white clouds, green leaves, the black, curious eyes of a child -- our own two eyes. All is a miracle.”

"Because you are alive, everything is possible."

“Smile, breathe and go slowly.”

“Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion.”

“Letting go gives us freedom, and freedom is the only condition for happiness. If, in our heart, we still cling to anything - anger, anxiety, or possessions - we cannot be free.”

“Many people think excitement is happiness.... But when you are excited you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.”

“Through my love for you, I want to express my love for the whole cosmos, the whole of humanity, and all beings. By living with you, I want to learn to love everyone and all species. If I succeed in loving you, I will be able to love everyone and all species on Earth... This is the real message of love.”

“My actions are my only true belongings.”

“Breathing in, I calm body and mind.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment
I know this is the only moment.”

“Our own life has to be our message.”

“Life is available only in the present moment.”

“Suffering is not enough. Life is both dreadful and wonderful...How can I smile when I am filled with so much sorrow? It is natural--you need to smile to your sorrow because you are more than your sorrow.”

“You must love in such a way that the person you love feels free.”

“I promise myself that I will enjoy every minute of the day that is given me to live.”

“The source of love is deep in us and we can help others realize a lot of happiness. One word, one action, one thought can reduce another person’s suffering and bring that person joy.”

“When we are mindful, deeply in touch with the present moment, our understanding of what is going on deepens, and we begin to be filled with acceptance, joy, peace and love.”

“The mind can go in a thousand directions,
but on this beautiful path, I walk in peace.
With each step, a gentle wind blows.
With each step, a flower blooms.”

“I have noticed that people are dealing too much with the negative, with what is wrong. ... Why not try the other way, to look into the patient and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?”

“In true love, you attain freedom.”

“Root out the violence in your life, and learn to live compassionately and mindfully. Seek peace. When you have peace within, real peace with others is possible.”

“When we walk like (we are rushing), we print anxiety and sorrow on the earth. We have to walk in a way that we only print peace and serenity on the earth... Be aware of the contact between your feet and the earth. Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet.”

“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.”

“Until there is peace between religions, there can be no peace in the world.”

“If you look deeply into the palm of your hand, you will see your parents and all generations of your ancestors. All of them are alive in this moment. Each is present in your body. You are the continuation of each of these people.”

“Breathing in, there is only the present moment.
Breathing out, it is a wonderful moment.”

“If we are not fully ourselves, truly in the present moment, we miss everything.”

“Attachment to views is the greatest impediment to the spiritual path.”

“At any moment, you have a choice, that either leads you closer to your spirit or further away from it.”

“Each moment is a chance for us to make peace with the world, to make peace possible for the world, to make happiness possible for the world.”

“A real love letter is made of insight, understanding, and compassion. Otherwise it's not a love letter. A true love letter can produce a transformation in the other person, and therefore in the world. But before it produces a transformation in the other person, it has to produce a transformation within us. Some letters may take the whole of our lifetime to write.”

“From time to time, to remind ourselves to relax and be peaceful, we may wish to set aside some time for a retreat, a day of mindfulness, when we can walk slowly, smile, drink tea with a friend, enjoy being together as if we are the happiest people on Earth.”

“I am determined to practice deep listening. I am determined to practice loving speech.”

“If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace.”

“Do not avoid contact with suffering or close your eyes before suffering. Do not lose awareness of the existence of suffering in the life of the world. Find ways to be with those who are suffering by all means, including personal contact and visits, images, sounds. By such means, ...awaken yourself and others to the reality of suffering in the world. If we get in touch with the suffering of the world, and are moved by that suffering, we may come forward to help the people who are suffering.”

Talks

Being Peace - mp3

Being Love

Ten Mindful Movements

Leonado da Vinci

“The painter has the Universe in his mind and hands.”

“I love those who can smile in trouble...”

“The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding.”

“The knowledge of all things is possible”

“There are three classes of people: those who see. Those who see when they are shown. Those who do not see.”

“Principles for the Development of a Complete Mind: Study the science of art. Study the art of science. Develop your senses- especially learn how to see. Realize that everything connects to everything else.”

Necessity is the mistress and guide of nature. Necessity is the theme and inventress of nature, her curb and her eternal law.

If you governed your body according to virtue you would not live in this world.

He who walks straight rarely falls.

The worst evil which can befall the artist is that his work should appear good in his own eyes.

Wisdom is the daughter of experience.
There is nothing which deceives us as much as our own judgement.
The greatest deception which men incur proceeds from their opinions.
Avoid the precepts of those thinkers whose reasoning is not confirmed by experience.

Nature is full of infinite causes which are beyond the pale of experience.

Look on light and consider its beauty. Shut your {24} eyes, and look again: that which you see was not there before, and that which was, no longer is. Who is he who remakes it if the producer is continually dying?

Prophecies

Men will communicate with each other from the most distant countries, and reply.

Many will abandon their own habitations and take with them their own goods, and go and inhabit other countries.

Men will pursue the thing which they most greatly fear; that is to say, they will be miserable in order to avoid falling into misery.

Men standing in separate hemispheres will converse with each other, embrace each other, and understand each other's language.
We should not desire the impossible.

Rumi

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”

“Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.”

“You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life?”

“When I am with you, we stay up all night.
When you're not here, I can't go to sleep.
Praise God for those two insomnias!
And the difference between them.”

“When you do things from your soul, you feel a river moving in you, a joy.”

“Forget safety.
Live where you fear to live.
Destroy your reputation.
Be notorious.”

“Knock, And He'll open the door
Vanish, And He'll make you shine like the sun
Fall, And He'll raise you to the heavens
Become nothing, And He'll turn you into everything.”

“Sell your cleverness and buy bewilderment.”

“Don't be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.”

“My soul is from elsewhere, I'm sure of that, and I intend to end up there.”

“Ignore those that make you fearful and sad, that degrade you back towards disease and death.”

“silence is the language of god,
all else is poor translation.”

“In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.”

“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”

Alan Watts

“Man suffers only because he takes seriously what the gods made for fun.”

“The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.”

“You are a function of what the whole universe is doing in the same way that a wave is a function of what the whole ocean is doing.”

“Problems that remain persistently insoluble should always be suspected as questions asked in the wrong way.”

“One is a great deal less anxious if one feels perfectly free to be anxious, and the same may be said of guilt.”

“But I'll tell you what hermits realize. If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything.”

“There is nothing at all that can be talked about adequately, and the whole art of poetry is to say what can't be said.”

“Normally, we do not so much look at things as overlook them.”

“The morning glory which blooms for an hour differs not at heart from the giant pine, which lives for a thousand years.”

"It is hard indeed to notice anything for which the languages available to us have no description.”

“We do not "come into" this world; we come out of it, as leaves from a tree. As the ocean "waves," the universe "peoples." Every individual is an expression of the whole realm of nature, a unique action of the total universe.”

Talks

An Inevitable Ecstasy

Natural Awareness

Updated 10-31-2014 at 05:27 PM by NikolaiI

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments