View RSS Feed

Virgil

A New Addition to the Family

Rate this Entry
Well, we've enlarged our family with a new four legged member, a black Labrador Retriever pup. She's special, and just as cute as can be. I can't remember how to upload pictures here on Lit Net, so if you're interested, come by my Ashes blog to see:

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....day-rosie.html

And actually you can see the breeder's litter of pups at an earlier post, posted before we were able to select one.

http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot....ouncement.html

No family is complete without a dog.

Updated 10-08-2014 at 10:52 PM by Virgil

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Oh, ho, ho...so cute! I remember now that Brandy passed. This animal seems quite special and well matched for you and your family. No family is complete without a dog- agreed. The video it lovely! It's important to teach young children body awareness around small animals. In a way, you are teaching them a specific kind of kindness. What a beautiful little face this puppy has. Puss looks so enthralled! Happy times! Happy times!
    Yeah, Brandi passed in December. It's been ten months without a dog. Rosie has especially bonded with my wife since they are both home during the day together. Thanks.
    She's so precious! I agree, every family needs a dog although we're more a cat lover family plus my mom doesn't like dogs that much. But just looking at this cute little one makes me want one too Great pics Virgil, thank you!
    Labs are great dogs; we had one also. Two things to be aware of: They are very energetic and active pretty much their whole lives, and they are intelligent enough to get bored.
    Oops, apparently the second link was the same as the first in the post above. A little bird gave me a heads up. It's all fixed now. The second link takes you to the post with pictures of the litter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidore
    Labs are great dogs; we had one also. Two things to be aware of: They are very energetic and active pretty much their whole lives, and they are intelligent enough to get bored.
    Yes, thank you. This is our second Lab. If you go a few blog posts back here on my Lit Net blog you can see the post on where our previous dog was too ill and had to be put down. We had her as a pup too, and before Brandi we had a Golden Retriever, also raised from a pup, and they are as active as Labs.
    Rosie is adorable! And Matthew is adorable with her. Everyone should get to be around small children and puppies and kittens on a regular basis. I always feel like the grandfather on "Everybody Loves Raymond," inhaling the scent of their innocence and beauty and life.
    Why thank you Qimi. Well, grandfather you cannot be (well I guess you could with some surgery...lol) but you can certainly be a doting grandmother. Not sure if you're one already but perhaps your children will bless you someday.