View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

It is Raining Cats

Rate this Entry
All morning my cat has been bouncing around all over the place. I don't know if he was chasing after birds, or playing with other cats, or just hyper, but I would hear him thunking back and forth from the roof, to the tree, to the fence.

I was going about my business just getting a few things done that I needed to do, when I happened to walk into the kitchen to grab something to eat and than wandered into the living room while I was eating. Suddenly I hear this noise, like something scrambling, which I figured probably was the cat, when all of the sudden a dark blur goes streaking past the window in the living and I realized the some how my cat had managed to literally fall off the roof.

I don't know if he was chasing some bird, or something and made a leap for it, without realizing where he was, Wile E. Coyote style, or if he was trying to jump from the roof to the tree and missed his mark, or if he was being chased by another cat and was just trying to get away.

I go outside and the cat seems perfectly content and seemed to have quickly regained his composure and was just looking at me like "So, what is the big deal, obviously I meant to do that."
Categories
Random Musings

Comments

Funny Blog post! Your house sounds like a very pleasant place. Love to come over and have a cup of tea and see your cats!
    Thank you, heh yeah my cats are certainly full of entertainment, particularly the youngest. He is a bit kooky.
    Thanks for the good laugh. There is nothing funnier than watching a cat fall and then watching them "recover."
    Kind of like humans? Haha! That'smy good laugh of the day!