View RSS Feed

kittypaws

Queen with Adam Lambert Concert

Rate this Entry
Well I saw "Queen" perform tonight with Adam Lambert and I don't care what the critics say...it was an extraordinary show! Of course it salutes Freddy Mercury and Lambert does a great job of honoring Freddy without trying to imitate him. It was done in good taste IMO. Some of the critics say that Lambert can't hit all the notes that Freddy could....duh! It still sounded great and Adam played the audience as well as Freddie. I have a video clip of him leading the audience it to singing....I will try to post it here.

Not to mention that Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor, along with his 23-year-old son Rufus Tiger Taylor rounded out the backbeat on percussion, especially on "Tie Your Mother down"

If they are traveling your way and you enjoy "Queen's " songs I would strongly suggest you buy tickets! You won't be disappointed! And one more thing...your ears may "ring" for a few hours after...I could feel some of the bass drum hitting my heart!!

7/20 - Washington, DC, Merriweather Post Pavilion - This is the show I saw! Fabulous

7/22 - Boston, MA, TD Garden

7/23 - E. Rutherford, NJ, Izod Center

7/25 - Uncasville, CT, Mohegan Sun Arena

7/26 - Atlantic City, NJ, Boardwalk Hall

7/28 - Toronto, ON, Air Canada Centre

Asian Tour Dates

8/14 - Seoul, Olympic Park, Super Sonic 2014 Festival - On Sale TBC

8/16 - Osaka, Maishima special site, Summer Sonic 2014 Festival, Ocean Stage - Buy Tickets

8/17 - Tokyo, QVC Marine Field/Makuhari Messe, Summer Sonic 2014 Festival, Marine Stage - Buy Tickets

Australian Tour Dates

8/22 - Perth, Perth Arena

8/26 & 27 - Sydney, Allphones Arena

8/29 & 30 - Melbourne, Rod Laver Arena

9/1 - Brisbane, Brisbane Entertainment Centre

All these tour dates are wonderful but I can help but wonder when the band members will burn out....playing the same set of songs every night or every other night, plus the travel. Hate to say it but most of them are not young chickens....but they have a heart of rock and roll and a lot of talent.....and for some reason musicians love to make us happy with their 'noise'!

Gotta love the musicians....they bring us joy, dance and sometimes solitude.

Best to You ~
Kittypaws
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Nice blog entry Kitty! There is nothing better than to be jazzed about a great concert. Cheers!
    I was never a Queen fan, but I'm glad the band is performing. Glad you enjoyed it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    Nice blog entry Kitty! There is nothing better than to be jazzed about a great concert. Cheers!

Thanks for the response Buh4Bee! It was a great show. And you know the best part about it? It was the first live show I have seen in years!

kittypaws
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    I was never a Queen fan, but I'm glad the band is performing. Glad you enjoyed it.

thank you Virgil for your response....we all enjoy different things... I love the music Zeus, my dog; listens to....Beethoven, Bach, Mozart and more !

Life offers us so much.

Thank you for your kind words!

kittypaws
    My favorite band is Queen... they were when I was a teenager, and they'll always be my top band. I saw them in concert during the glory years after The Game was released, and again after Hot Space (their worst album, in my opinion), and many years later sans Freddie Mercury when they hit the road as Queen + Paul Rodgers. I took two of my nieces to that show so they'd have the experience of listening to bloody loud music, and see a real show!
    Good to see they're still alive and kicking.