View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

How I Became a Drinking Fountain

Rate this Entry
After getting out of the pool I sat down in the shade to do some reading when attracted to the wetness of my swimming suit a bumble bee flew up and landed on me and was presumably than sucking the water off my swimming suit to drink.

Now I do not suffer from any real fear of bees in general, most bees are not given to being aggressive and won't attack you, or sting you for no reason, but only as a defensive mechanism when they feel threatened or are aggravated. Bumble bees in particular though they may look big and intermediating are really quite docile creatures.

Though I knew that I was really in little danger of being harmed and that the bee was not just going to up and sting me for no good reason, and I did not present any threat to it just sitting there it was still somewhat trepidations having it just hanging out on me.

For one thing I didn't want to do anything that might startle it or provoke and make it feel like it was in danger, and for another when it had first landed I was stretching or scratching my head or something of that sort and it had come to perch itself in my side a short ways below my arm pit so where it was I couldn't put my arm down.

So I am sitting there trying to stay still, and concentrate on reading my book while holding my other arm up in the air, which is starting to get tired, and I am starting to get hot and want to go back in the water and trying to figure out a way I might displace this bee without agitating or make it feel threatening.

As I was still weighing my options of the most non-threatening way to get the bee to fly off it finally does have its fill and flew off on its own accord.
Categories
Random Musings

Comments

Lol, how good of you to patiently offer a drink to the humble little bee! I feel a poem in the offing, if you are so inclined Dark Muse.
    Haha I will have to mull that over
    You must be sweet pickins' DM.
    Funny story. You handled it perfectly.
    haha thank you