View RSS Feed

title

Career Move

Rate this Entry
It has been a huge amount of time since being here. The fault is mine as I have been actually swept up in Facebook relationships that have become very meaningful in their in my life.

The biggest change occurred May 14h last month when Allied AAA decided to move the dispatchers form the Dayton Call Center to Lexington KY. I did not desire to move so after 22 and half years I am now released from my second career in life. The first was the Air Force for a little over 21 years. The severance agreement was more then fair -basically I am being paid regularly for next six months so a sense of urgency won't kick in until October. I applied for social security to cover one missing check and slowly getting around to looking for something to do. I really DON'T want to start OVER AGAIN in life. Going to apply to two call centers as I believe I'm pretty good on the phone--not so hot face to face where I tend to smirk when dealing with idiots which I can hide on the phone. Twenty years of being pretty called a lair every day about something had built up my ability to thrive on rejection to a wonderful degree so I think I can do credit card companies once I get their procedures down--hoping anyway. I can get by on our bills -the comic collecting may take a hit. 23 Avengers to go if anyone still wants to know.

And yes I still wait for Logos to call--sigh.

Still not quite believing AAA is OVER. I don't miss the stress or the clock watching but it feels strange not to have my year in and year out schedule anymore.

Updated 06-03-2014 at 10:46 PM by mtpspur

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Yes I KNOW I spelled Career wrong and I can't find the edit block---sigh--bad news my typing is no longer what it should be.
    I have little to no advice to nor a meaningful response to give, other that it's so nice to see you again I missed you. So. For advice, food for thought or just something to make you smile I'll turn to my fortune cookie fortune collection.

You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.
    Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
    Everything in life is luck.
    Knowledge comes, but wisdom stays.
    Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.
    The sun will rise tomorrow and who knows what the tide will bring?
    Today's preparation determines tomorrow's achievement.
    Improvisation is the key to success.

I think that's enough "wisdom" for now. I hope at least one of these was helpful to you in some way.
    My personal favourite is , excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well.
    It really is nice to see you again
    Oh Rich, that must be bittersweet. Or perhaps it's just bitter. I hope it's not that. Perhaps it will all be for the best. All things in the end will come to good. I've got at least ten, but probably fifteen, years, before I can call it quits. It's always preferable to do it on one's own terms, but sometimes there are blessings in disguise. I wish you the best and you'll be in my prayers.
    Thanks Blue for your advice on editing and words of wisdom. Virgil--no bitterness this time around. I think the company made a mistake moving stuff and service has been suffering for awhile now just moving the calltakers. I sorely miss my routine and definitely dragging my feet job hunting. Getting a lot of reading done. I do believe they were generous about the severance -no complaints there and they provided a month;s free job consultant service whose main mission was to prepare a useable resume. My hopes are set on call center work.

Hope both of oyu and some others here are well. Will see if maybe I can slip back a little more often.
    Bah! Bah Humbug, I say, Rich. It's good to see you around again, but I wish the news were better. The same thing happened to my ex-husband's wife. I just hate that; they are so unconcerned with the disruption they cause in people's lives.

Anywho, in addition to call centers, of which there are many, you might check out convenience stores, or a mom and pop postal/shipping store.

I also found this, which I think is worth at least a look/see:

http://www.doleta.gov/seniors/
    Glad you are back, I feel they will realize their mistake and be overcome with regret. I hope that you find a career where you will be happy, stress free and appreciated.