View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

The Love Diet

Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
I will have to put off recruiting for the retirement community in the Phoenix Islands until another day, because I had a wonderful idea. I realized that the Happiness Diet only needed a little tweaking to become the love diet or even the seduction diet, depending on the nature of the relationship and the intention of the user(s). Functional foods are a good idea, and this is one of the more useful specializations.

Feelings of love or lust or something like that are matters of feeling good and feeling good about another person and feeling loyalty to that person; those feelings are created by certain neurotransmitters, and they can be manipulated by neurotransmitters. So this post is about jiggering with the levels of brain chemicals in the hope of giving someone the feeling of being in love (preferably with oneself). While diet alone will not produce that feeling, it can help a lot. As a man who likes women, I will present the procedure from that point of view and will give adjustments for the complementary point of view (woman who likes men), but the differences are just some details.

To get someone to fall in love (or something like that) it would be best to raise levels of phenylethylamine, dopamine, norepinephrine, vasopressin, cortisol, and oxytocin and to lower (or not raise anyway) the level of serotonin; endorphins will rise as a side effect. The initial step is to encourage some interest, and phenylethylamine is just the thing for that. Even though most phenylethylamine is quickly metabolized. The break down products include dopamine, and some makes it through to the brain, where it mimics the aftereffects of sexual intercourse. This is why plying women with chocolates has been popular and somewhat successful for a long time. Some women are said to prefer chocolate over sexual intercourse; I don't know about that, but the effects are variable from person to person. In addition to chocolate, high protein foods are relatively high in phenylethylamine, and a high protein diet is also good for the other neurotransmitters. Also looking at people of the opposite sex raises dopamine levels. Yes, it truly is a pleasure for men to look at sexy women, and it is similar for women, but aren't as obvious about gazing at men.

If the first step worked, and she is willing to associate with you, then a good high protein meal would be a good step. Taking her to a restaurant for salmon, or other fatty fish, would be a good idea. The fat in addition to the high protein would encourage the production of several neurotransmitters, and don't forget to eat the same thing and the salad yourself; the leafy greens are good sources of folate, which is necessary for the production of testosterone, and remember that. After the delicious and nutritious meal she may be ready for some touching.

Physical contact of any sort encourages the production of oxytocin, which is known for leading to bonding, whether between man and woman or mother and child. Its production is most strongly encouraged by stimulation of the nipples, which is why mothers bond well with their infants. Men can produce similar bonding. Oxytocin is a peptide, so a high protein diet is called for, but it requires Vitamin C, so be extra careful to include enough fruits and vegetables in your meal.

Another useful neurotransmitter is cortisol, a stress hormone that has progesterone as its precursor. Cortisol is a stimulant that gets the heart beating fast, and so on. Norepinephrine and dopamine have similar effects; although dopamine is better known for making people feel good. Both are Catecholamines that are obtained exclusively by synthesis from nutrient molecules, mainly the amino acids L-phenylalanine and L-tyrosine, which are amino acids, so production requires foods that are high in proteins. Be sure to ingest plenty of animal protein to make up for what you are using by looking at those of the complementary sex.

An application of this might run along these lines: A man will make initial contact and offer a woman some chocolate (that he just happens to be snacking on), as an icebreaker. While eating the chocolate they will eye each other. After she eats some chocolate, the next step is to raise her cortisol level, which will increase her blood pressure and speed up her pulse; norepinephrine has this effect also. Physical contact will raise the dopamine levels, which will raise the levels of cortisol and norepinephrine also (these give the feeling of excitement). Be sure to have a good meal, as mentioned, to keep the building blocks of neurotransmitters in supply, and having a meal will allow both to look at each other. It might be better if the meal be outdoors during daylight hours to take advantage of the sunlight. After eating, more touching will be called for to raise oxytocin levels. How many times this procedure will have to be repeated to produce a suitable level of attachment will vary from person to person.

Ladies, men use the same neurotransmitters, but they don't generally produce as much oxytocin, because it is derived from progesterone, and that may be why men are less likely to become attached to women. But the lack in quantity can be worked around by more stimulation that would lead to greater production, even though stimulation of men’s nipples isn’t usually high of the list of sexual moves. Remember that any caressing is better than none, and touching does raise dopamine levels.

Don't forget that light, especially sunlight, is a useful mood enhancer, as well as for the production of Vitamin D. While the later phases of the seduction attempt might be preferable inside, the preliminary stages might go better outside.

Phenylethylamine and oxytocin are available as supplements, but the supplements are not especially effective, because both are readily broken down, and the oxytocin is not where it is effective. Oxytocin quickly breaks down even when injected. I would suggest that getting both of these by the old-fashioned methods would be more effective than taking supplements.

It was pointed out that this post is worded in very conservative manner, so to bring it down to the common language: Guys, if you want to get laid, then start by feeding her dark chocolate. Then give her a good, high protein dinner, preferably of oily fish, and have more dark chocolate for dessert, and be sure that there is plenty of Vitamin C included. When she is warm, comfortable, well fed, and high on dark chocolate, it's time to make a move, and remember that foreplay is your friend.

Updated 02-08-2014 at 12:14 PM by PeterL

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Although most of this is probably true, it's a prescription for a lab rat. You can't engineer an authentic relationship this way.
    Try it. You will be quite surprised. It isn't 100% certain, but it would raise one's odds by a lot.

Humans are controlled by chemical cues that are not usually perceptible.
    Updated 02-06-2014 at 10:04 AM by PeterL (typo)
    I like the way you analyze things. Your scientific approach to love is really great. However, I think that it is the matter of physics, vibrations of our body particles. When you meet someone and you both vibrate on the same frequency you fall in love. It is metaphorically called "butterflies". How about it?
    I love the conflation of love and lust here. [/sarcasm]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lykren
    I love the conflation of love and lust here. [/sarcasm]
    I'm glad.
    Quote Originally Posted by free
    I like the way you analyze things. Your scientific approach to love is really great. However, I think that it is the matter of physics, vibrations of our body particles. When you meet someone and you both vibrate on the same frequency you fall in love. It is metaphorically called "butterflies". How about it?
    Chemistry is simply a collection of special cases within physics, so we do not disagree. If you believe that it is amatter of vibrations, then please continue to believe that. I am of the opinion that our bodies vibrate in response to the stimulation by various chemicals, but that isn't contrary to your opinion.
    I hope that you are vibrating.