View RSS Feed

Virgil

Memorial for Brandi

Rate this Entry
I wrote up a little memorial for Brandi, my Yellow Lab, at my blog Ashes, and since I talked about her often and had posted pictures of her here on Lit Net, I'll provide the link, here. There were too many pictures to try to reproduce the blog here. Here's the first paragraph:

As many of you now know, our beloved Yellow Labrador Retriever, Brandi, passed away a number of weeks ago. She had cirrhosis of the liver due to canine hepatitis and lymphoma, a double whammy from which it was impossible to treat. The hepatitis was something she had for quite some time. She nearly died from it a year and a half before, but she responded to treatment then. This time no matter what we did her liver function numbers kept getting worse, and then when we decided to do a biopsy (we didn’t know whether it was hepatitis, canine copper storage disease, or some liver inflammation from something toxic she might have picked up) they found her spleen to contain cancerous nodules which turned out to be lymphoma. I don’t know if she felt pain in her last days, but we could tell she wasn’t well and she barely ate. We tried to coax her with all sorts of her favorite foods, but other than some turkey from Thanksgiving she just didn’t have an appetite.
And for B4B and those that remember my son, Matthew. Here are my last two blogs on him:
here and here.

But if you click the Matthew Monday tag on the bottom of the post, you can pull up all the blogs on Matthew.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Dear Friend, I am so sorry for the loss of this beloved animal. I wish you and your family well! I know how special she was to every family member. It is a true loss that cannot be replaced. My deepest condolences!

We never know if they are suffering, but at least we can be with them up to the final moment!

Thank you for posting these blog entries. I will respond to the blogs sometime this weekend. I fell and I have to "take it easy"! The baby is fine after an ultrasound confirmed this. This means that I am supposed to sit! What a joke!

Take it easy! My deepest condolences!
    Awwww Virgie. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    I commented on your blog. Really nicely put together. What a wonderful way of documenting your life.
    Sorry for your loss, Virgil. Our Guinevere died last Spring after 16 years. She was fully one of the family and the loss was quite painful. For weeks after her passing, my wife would look down to where she used to sit by the dining room table waiting for any table scraps that might come her way, and recognizing her absence, she would start crying anew.

My deepest sympathies.

David
    Thank you all.

B4B: Take care and thank goodness the baby is fine.

StLukes: I'm sorry for you loss too. Our pets are really part of the family. I'm having the same flashbacks your wife was having.
    Virgil

I am sadden by your lost but know that Brandi had the best life possible with those she treasured and loved. I know how dogs relate to us 'humans' and it is beyond words. I am sure that Brandi feels the same way about you and your lives together.

God bless You for letting her be your best friend! Best thing You could have ever done! For both of YOU!

kittypaws
    Quote Originally Posted by kittypaws
    Virgil

I am sadden by your lost but know that Brandi had the best life possible with those she treasured and loved. I know how dogs relate to us 'humans' and it is beyond words. I am sure that Brandi feels the same way about you and your lives together.

God bless You for letting her be your best friend! Best thing You could have ever done! For both of YOU!

kittypaws
    Thank you Kittypaws. That was quite consoling. And may God bless you for your kindness.