View RSS Feed

Virgil

Veni Veni Emmanuel

Rate this Entry
I haven't been here on Lit Net in a while. I've been busy with a lot of things. I guess the one newsworthy item with me is that we had to put our beloved Yellow Lab, Brandi, to sleep a couple of weeks ago. If you look in the pictures section on Lit Net you'll see I posted pictures of her. I may even have them in my photo album, I can't remember. Poor Brandi had canine hepatitis (which had destroyed her liver) and lymphoma, a double whammy. It was impossible to treat both and we waited until she had stopped eating to finally put her out. At the end she hadn't urinated for 24 hours and was bloating up, and when she finally peed it was orange. We knew it was time, but it was heartbreaking. It's been two weeks and we're still in mourning. I may post a memorial post for her.

I see Bluebird here is having her Advent count down to Christmas again. Here is what I think is everyone's favorite Advent song. I really like this version in the original Latin.

Musical credit: L’Accroche-Chœur ensemble vocal Fribourg

Arranged by Zoltán Kodály

If you're unfamiliar with this hymn, you can read about its history here.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm sorry about Brandi. I don't know which is worse, watching them die slowly or having to make the decision to put them down and then doing it.

Yes, this is one of my favorite Christmas songs.
    Oh one always has some hope when they're dying, but watching her get the needle was excruciating. I had my arm around her as the vet delivered the dose and I watched the eyes glass over. I was completely choked up. Thank you Qimi.
    Oh, I’m so sorry for your loss Virgil. Just saw some of her pics, they are very nice. How old was Brandi?

The link you shared seems interesting but it doesn’t work here.
    I am so sorry, it must have been so hard. But in my opinion she was lucky to have someone who made the decision and let her go peacefully. it is a privilege animals have to be allowed to go when they are in pain or only pain ahead. I hope I'll be strong enough to make the same decision when the time comes, it takes courage to do this for them.

When my cat died he was at home. He kind of went into a fit and started meowing and writhing about. So I held him until he died. Maybe the needle would've been kinder in the end but he was terrified of the vet. I wanted him to go in his sleep but they rarely do. So. Painful as it must have been for you to watch, I think it was the best way for it to end.