View RSS Feed

Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

Mom

Rate this Entry
Sunday, my mother lost her battle with illness and passed away peacefully in her sleep. I thought I was prepared as we knew three months ago that she was on her deathbed, but I am just coping barely. She was really the only parent I had as my father had nothing to do with us from the time I was eight. His death meant little as he was my father but not my daddy, a marked difference.

Thanks to all of you who have been here for me, who have put up with my illness flaring up, who have encouraged me and made me think about a lot of things,

God Bless you one and all

Dale L Harris
(Pendragon, or to many of you, Uncle Pen)
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Dear Pen,
    I am so sorry about your loss.

I want you to know that even when I'm not on the LitNet, I think about some of the things you've posted, and of course, continually hope that you are doing well.

This Yuletide will undoubtedly be a poignant one for you, but here's a sincere wish that Christmas will bring you the blessings and joys that you richly deserve.

God bless you, too, dear Pen.

Auntie
    Hi Pendragon. I'm sorry to hear that your Mom has passed away. Even when we know it's going to happen, grief just always leaves a big hole in our hearts, doesn't it?

By it too will pass, to a degree anyway. I kind of like the Asian idea of honoring our deceased relatives. Maybe put your Mom's picture in your living room or on a mantle. Put a candle near it and light it. And you can still tell her every day that you love her.

Regards,
    Qimissung
    Hugs
    Sorry for your loss!
    So sorry to hear about this Pen. I offer you my prayers for your strength and her soul. God be with you, your family, and her.