View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

The Eve of Destruction of the Two Party System

Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
For quite a while I have thought that the two major parties in the U.S.A. would come to an end, but I couldn’t tell what the proximate causes would be; although the Republican Party was destroyed by W, and the Tea Partiers are completing that destruction, but it was unclear how the Democrats would destroy their party. Now it looks like Obamacare is the instrument that the Dems created to destroy their party.

Not only is the website for enrolling not working well, but I just saw a report that very few people have enrolled. I can see where it wouldn’t takeoff immediately, but there should be a thousand or more a day, not the hundred or fewer that have signed up. At least we know now how that party will die, and it looks like it will be mostly dead before the 2016 election.

I find it interesting that it isn’t the policy itself that is killing the Democrat Party; it is the bureaucracy that is killing it. That doesn’t surprise me, because the impersonal nature of bureaucracy allows people who like to control others try to run the lives of individuals. As a general matter it is better to have a government of laws rather than a government by men, which allows personal bases to subvert the intentions behind laws and policies. Bureaucrats can make a law work or not.

I sent the following to an official of the Republican Party who was seeking money. I would send something similar to the Dems, if they asked me for money.

Sir:

It is my opinion that the Republican Party as we think of it now is coming to an end. There already have been many changes and has been like suicide. The splits within that party are as wide as the separation from the Democrat Party, and none of the factions are interested in making the party a broad based movement, as it was just a few years ago. For the Republican Party to become viable again, it will need to shed the Tea Partiers and the religious types. I have seen information that suggests that the Tea Party has run out of money and donors. If that is true, then the world might become a better place.

I favor the goals of the Tea Party, but I do not think that their uncompromising ways are not advantageous to anyone. The Republican Party as it was when Eisenhower was President would be more advantageous for everyone, but we have to get rid of all of the excess laws. Why do those in Congress think that they have to make more laws; there are more than enough already.

I sent the following to an official of the Republican Party who was seeking money. I would send something similar to the Dems, if they asked me for money.

Sir:

It is my opinion that the Republican Party as we think of it now is coming to an end. There have been many changes and has been like suicide. The splits within that party are as wide as the separation from the Democrat party, and none of the factions are interested in making the party a broad based movement, as it was just a fr years ago. For the Republican Party to become viable again, it will need to shed the tea partiers and the religious types. I have seen information that suggests that the tea party has run out of money and donors. If that it true, then the world might become a better place.

I favor the goals of the tea party, but I do not think that their uncompromising ways are not advantageous to anyone. The Republican party as it was when Eisenhower was President would be more advantageous for everyone, but we have to get rid of all of the excess laws. Why do Congresspeople think that they ave to make more laws; there are more than enough already.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-250_162-...l-is-unlikely/

Updated 11-02-2013 at 10:46 AM by PeterL

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments