View RSS Feed

Om

9/26

Rating: 2 votes, 2.50 average.
9/26
The only kind of morality that is really meaningful is the kind which doesn't care – but it chooses out of more or less logic. . . In other words, one that awakens and says, “I can see that none of this matters, that all of this play of self and other is really a masquerade, the one Being in all of them putting on an ignorance and pretending to live, die, joying, suffering; but none of it is really dying, joying, suffering or beginning because the Being which is all of them is not dying, nor even is it being changed. It is simply temporary illusions – these bodies and consciousnesses (as they are distinctly limited to one body and do not consider themselves the same as the other consciousnesses) – which are coming into existence and fading, but these do not even really come into existence or cease, because time is also an illusion. . . “ so that's it in words. But I went too off topic; all I meant to say is a morality that looks at the world, realizes all this is not real and so is rather apathetic – but still takes up the path of good because it is more sensible; and also, as always, because it is what is imbued in the person, from early childhood.

Which makes for another interesting point. All the changers or improver-s of the world, have all been acting on what they learned from it- and so actually their dissatisfaction with the world is only a dissatisfaction with themselves: they have not been treated right, created right, by the world. . . if something is not insufficient within the person, nothing can be insufficient in the world outside of the person. It is demonstrated time and time again that the highest of people have a way of being the simplest in terms of morality, they are the most carefree. They don't wrack themselves with moral pain over issues of birth control, homosexuality, or the legality of marijuana, or the equality of the genders. That they are free from moral guilt or pain may be the commonest connection between geniuses. Although, on the topic, this is merely one kind of genius; and I by no means to say that all genius is like this, or any such thing. It is merely form of it with which I am most familiar, and it includes, to my mind, such as Goethe, Emerson, Whitman, Sri Ramakrishna, Shelley, and probably, thousands of others.

Besides morality there are hundreds of issues that this type deals with seemingly effortlessly. For Socrates there was never any great trouble, even dying was no great trouble. That's because he knew that everything one will experience is natural for one to experience. . . Although that's not exactly true in this day and age. But questions such as eating, drinking, sex, and all other ones of living; those were the same thing to Socrates as they were to the rest of the people – questions, riddles, puzzles to be solved – but to Socrates they were different in that they were all solved; long, long time ago. The nature of a brilliant and genius mind like this is that it processes much more information; does so much more quickly, and with much more efficiency – that is, intuition becomes an increasingly large aid to the calculations – and therefore the questions get solved, very early in life, and so the mind will go on to other topics.

Why is such a nature so beautiful? Because it fulfills all our needs: such a person is so spiritually splendid that the sight of them can actually fill one with their joy and light, this is what's called enlightening with a glance. They embody the divine qualities, they reflect anyone's actions or words back to them with more love. . . but it is really not love; it's rather a brightness, that shines from everything. . . All these people do is speak with the knowledge of that brightness, and that knowledge comes through the edges; and we see it in their grace and manner, and feel it in their presence. Their peace seems to encompass the space they fill; it doesn't so much as spread from them, but grow in everything and everyone around them.

They are so rare and we are so hungry for them because of this – what they are is a fulfillment of, not the ideals, but the possibilities, of the human race. They are humble, peaceful, filled with an immeasurable healthfulness, incredibly brilliant, and kind and compassionate to the smallest of creatures. They generally always follow the path of moderation, and they're so skillful at it, to put it into a new light. . . Socrates, Jesus, Buddha, and many of their more disciplined disciples. I believe, most of all, more than anything, they influence and inspire the world by their peace, grace and ease. . .

What is their teaching? Their message? To put it into a paragraph. . . above all, their message of peace is that we are all sufficient, as we are. The world is whole and complete, as are we. Do not try to think about the solution to life- simply be in the here and now – simply live. Do not try to get to a point on the dance floor, just dance. The kingdom of God is within you, if you would but see. The Pure Land is here and now. It's possible to leave the cave of ignorance, and enter the light of day.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Insightful; i should say!

I dont know how much its possible for the common man to ---'simply live' as u said..The concept is one which has been reiterated in Bhagavath Geeta and i guess most of the religious books. We all cannot always jus live, we are confused, trubled, excited, suspicious.,,and to jus simply live could be like without giving much importance to these emotions, but to b kind of mechanical..suppresing the waves of feelings, doubts and questions erupting from the core.
    Otherwise dont u think it'd require someone to erase all our memories and knowledge so that we could enloy and 'live simply' with the innocence and excitement of a child....As someone said,"ignorence is bliss"....

Its this state of being that i've been trying so hard..but seems its a bit of Herculian task.