View RSS Feed

The Promised Revival -- To Bring Faith Back Even If It Had Gone To Pleiades (i.e. weakened).

Benefits of Fasting Month of Ramadan: Fast Way to God and Peace for Society.

Rate this Entry
Peace be on you…Fasting has been the mode of spiritual training in major religions; however the original form may have been compromised in some. The third article of faith in Islam is Fasting where it is a highly developed institution. The commandments for Fasting (Holy Quran, chapter2: v184+) are safe since beginning, as Allah promises safety of Holy Quran. Fasting is a form of worship. Its purpose is to gain purity, safety from evil, doing good, paying rights of God and His Creation and seeking nearness of God.

Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him, p.b.u.h.) said: God stated: I Myself is the reward of Fasting.

He (p.b.u.h.) also said: When believers Fast with self-check and optional Salaat, their sins are forgiven.

He (p.b.u.h.) used to give alms with high frequency in this month…..He said when there is chance of disturbance, a believer should say that he was Fasting. Fasting is individual purification and it also provides peace and love for society.

One has to practice purity in this month to end the falsehood, dishonesty, backbiting and other weakneses of character forever. A part of medical experts believes that Fasting is very beneficial to human systems. It rejuvenate the body.

The teaching of Fasting has been established by Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be on him), his companions, latter by reformers of various degrees and now by Promised Messiah Mahdi and his Successors. Promised Messiah said: “ Those who fast only for the sake of God and not as something which is customary, should remain engage in Hamd (glorification of God), Tasbih (SubhanAllah = Pure is Allah) and Tahleel ( La illaha illAllah = There is none worthy of worship but Allah)”

(Ref: Benefited from Ahmadiyya Khalifah's sermon)

Further Reading:
1-FASTING

2-RAMADHAN - VIRTUES OF FASTING

Updated 07-16-2013 at 02:13 PM by YALASH

Categories
Uncategorized