View RSS Feed

day in a life

life, the universe and me

Rate this Entry
I think my dog is getting better, finally! He got antibiotics yesterday and it was like when a child gets an ear infection, when the first dose starts working they feel better.That was the case with my boy. He needs to take this pill twice a day for 10 days and hopefully that will be it. He is almost 12 years old and there has never been anything big wrong with him, he has arthritis but that doesn't plague him on a daily basis, he has lost some weight so he looks better and feels better. Now he's hopefully on the mend from this infection.

I was so happy when I woke up this morning and realized that it was morning! I had slept all night. I didn't think it would get better so soon.

Life on the ice is wet these days and apparently it will stay this way at least all month. I feel very good about the weather when it's raining and still like it has been. This is my kind of summer, most people are annoyed about this but I haven't felt as bad as I did last summer in the heat.

I was reading a blog post by an author a few days ago about writing a book in his head before he puts it on paper, I kinda have been doing that for some time now but I never find the confidence to write it down, and if I start I feel like it's bad after a few sentences.

Well I guess that's something I need to work on if this is something I want to do.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Life over in my part of the world is extremely hot and humid. Today I think it reached 97F, which is 36C, but the humidity made it feel almost ten degrees hotter than that. I bet Iceland never gets temps like that.

Glad to hear your dog is better. What did the world do before antibiotics?
    died.
    Glad about your dog getting past that episode. Good for you that the summer is how you like it best, although of course I couldn't take it. LOL

Regarding writing, revise and revise until you hit what you want to actually say. There no other way out of that. Have fun.
    I'm glad your baby is getting better. It's hard to watch them be sick. They don't know what's going on, and you can't tell them.

We're getting a bit of a break here, weatherwise. It was a 100 degrees F last week, which is always horrible, but it rained all day and all night yesterday. I especially love when it rains at night. Very soothing. For me anyway. My cats were very nervous. They're kind of wimpy that way.