View RSS Feed

Ramblings from the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia

Musings

Rate this Entry
John.18

[38] Pilate saith unto him, What is truth?

Funny thing about truth. Most people don't want to hear it. It is not found in popular opinion. people would rather have their own sweet delusions than to be forced to accept that it is what it is. Everyone has their own version, and most steadfastly refuse to upgrade. Lies are repeated twenty million times more than the truth. Take facebook for an example:

You may have heard that it is best not to discuss religion or politics. True, but sometimes it is best to not discuss anything. If you take the time, research a stated problem and post the truth it will never change popular opinion. People have selective memories cherished opinions, and cling to them like a wad of cleever vines. It does no good to site any authority, for their will be another authority with the extreme opposite view whom those who disagree can point to as well.

There was a movie out some time ago that I read about in which a man who specialized in lying, ( I think it was Liar, Liar staring Jim Carey) is suddenly forced to tell the truth no matter what. If that happened to most of us, very likely all of us, it would destroy society as we know it. An old quote is: "You can't handle the truth!"

It's not that we can't, it's that we don't want to have to accept it.

I am a member of several forums where we discuss various ideas and subjects that can have a an infinity of possibilities. One rule of them all is: If you cannot accept criticism, don't post. For times when we might want to discuss something with an individual member, there are private messages. No public trash talking is allowed under penalty of being dismissed from the forum.

Think about that the next time you see a post with which you disagree. You may be ready to fire off a rapid response belittling the other person. You may immediately want to block the post, delete it, or unfriend the person. But ask yourself: Is it because I am offended or could it be that I cannot accept criticism, I will not accept any opinion that is contrary to my own, or that I think calling the person names like "liar" will somehow build me up?

The truth will set you free. Meantime, i think things are fairly snared up down here on planet earth!

God Bless

Pen
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hey Pen. The answer to what is truth is in John 14:6, as I know you know. How are you? Nice to hear from you.
    I agree with your opinion. A person should not post if they cannot handle confrontation maturely whether giving or receiving criticism. There is one person I have seen on another forum that I go on, ruin one thread because he is such a terrible critic.
    I have tried to temper somewhat my comments with at least courtesy and an admittance that I JUST might be wrong or biased. Nice post Pen.