View RSS Feed

title

First Blog in a Little over 5 years!!! Allow me to Reintroduce Myself!

Rate this Entry
Howdy, My name is Mark
I live in front of a park
i take walks in the dark
i have the voice of a lark
my opinion is stark
hark!
im about to embark
the ark
of introducing myself again, I said it's Mark!

Ok... so that OFFICIALLY is the worst rhyme I've ever written.

Now on to the goods...

I live by my self-improvised motto: My hide hides the heart inside. My exterior conveys an enigma. Average to some, attractive to others, downright homely to even more still, but my heart conceals unfathomable joy in the wake of the adversity and struggle I have overcome. I have read hundreds of classics ranging from novellas such as John Steinbeck's 'The Moon is Down' to onerous epics showcased by Tolstoy's 'War and Peace', Dostoevsky's 'The Brothers Karamazov', Cervantes' 'Don Quixote' and Dumas' 'The Count of Monte Cristo'. My favorite characters of all time are Jean Valjean (Les Miserables) followed by Alyosha (The Brothers Karamazov) followed by Pierre Bolkonsky and most members of the Rostov family (War and Peace), Konstantin Levin (Anna Karenina), Vronsky Alexandrovitch (Anna Karenina), Tom Joad (The Grapes of Wrath), Becky Sharp (Vanity Fair), Don Quixote, Sancho Panza, and the hilarious princess (although I am not sure if she is in Knight of the Rueful Figure or Knight of the Lion, Don Quixote), Siddhartha (Siddhartha), Randall Patrick McMurphy (One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest), Milady and d'Artagnan (The Three Musketeers), Quasimodo, Dom Claude Frollo, Jehan Frollo (The Hunchback of Notre Dame)... and Many Many more!

Favorite video games include: Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Metal Gear Solid 4, Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Favorite albums: Jay-Z - Reasonable Doubt, Nas - Illmatic, Megadeth - Rust in Peace, The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds, The Beatles - Revolver, The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band, Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, Nieve - Playback, Soulchef - Remember When..., 1982 (Termanology and Statik) - 2012, Cunninlynguists - Oneirology..

Favorite poems: John Milton's 'Paradise Lost', Walt Whitman's 'Song of Myself', Rudyard Kipling's 'If', Geoffrey Chaucer's 'Canterbury Tales', William Blake's 'Tiger, Tiger' and Robert Frost's "The Road Not Taken"

Favorite Math subjects: Calculus II, Linear Algebra, Elementary Topology, Differential Equations, Vector Analysis, Generalized Functions

Favorite Chemistry Subjects: Organic Chemistry II, Biochemistry, Chemical Analysis, Physical Chemistry, Analysis of Thermodynamics, Topological Chemical Analysis... you get the drift..

Favorite genre of writing: Prose poetry, Free-verse poetry, sonnets, villanelles

Favorite animals: Praying Mantis, Domesticated cats (Quite droll, if you ask me)

Favorite color: black

Favorite actress: Natalie Portman

Most attractive woman on the planet: Natalie Portman

Person I fantasize about the most when I am in bed: Natalie Portman.

OK, THAT'S ENOUGH! LOL!!

I am a hide that hides the heart inside and I seek a heart that hides within the outer hide.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hi Mark! I read your last blog, before you left. A lot of people didn't want you to go! They are almost all gone now, too. So, anyways, welcome back! It's good to see now "old" faces, and you bring a lot of energy and insight to the forum.