View RSS Feed

My Blog...How original.

Coming Home

Rate this Entry
It's 2013.
Coming here is like coming home. I miss such a friendly environment with such stable friends. When things are in a whirlwind where I am at, I can come here and find a sense of peace. I've definitely done some growing up here.
I approach my second semester of my second year of college. I am both eager and apprehensive as to what this semester might hold. Outside of a impressive amount of music classes, after all I am a music major here at the community college, I am taking Introduction to Philosophy and a psychology course on child development. All my math and English requirements are out of the way and I now focus on my social and physical sciences.
It has been such a shamefully long time since I have written anything, I do not know where to begin.
I am turning 20 (it's striking to think I joined when I was nearly 14 years old) and am preparing to transfer from my community college to a university with not only music (vocal performance) as my major but doubled major in Korean. I'm looking at UCLA and UC Irvine as my potential schools along with a few school in South Korea.
Last May and June I actually went to Korea by myself for a whole three weeks. Jumped on a plane and traveled and practiced the little Korean I knew. Most frightening, stupid, and wonderful thing I've ever done.
I have a boyfriend now. First boyfriend I've ever had. That's a exciting and frightening change. We've been together for a little over 6 months and I have no idea what I'm doing.
I miss literature. I have for a while only stimulated, if one could even call it thus, with youtube videos and facebook. I have come back here (hopefully for a longer stay) in order to remind myself of the importance of knowledge found in books and wise council. It's good to be home.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

It's really nice to see you again, Shurtugal. You sound like you are in a good place, you are singing, you have goals for your future, relationships...

I hope you do find the time to visit here occasionally, or often, and that your life stays rich and rewarding.