View RSS Feed

title

Don Quixote--A Casual Review

Rate this Entry
Don Quixote--Chapter 1--Impressions--a concise summary of the famous resident of La Mancha and the perils of reading too many comic books I trust. I love Batman and the Shadow--I do not PLAY at being Batman and the Shadow. A hobby gone to extremes and perhaps the first role player for the modern age. I like this old man especially since he's 49 and I am well past him now in that grand old age. I do believe I too suffer the Peter Pan syndrome--not really wanting to grow up.

The above summation of the first chapter of Don Quixote was posted on Facebook mostly to prove to Grace86 I was actaully reading the book. I thought it would be fun to repost here and see what any one might think. They areimpressions only as I read. I'm currently up to Book Two Chapter 12 so I have a LOT of copy and paste to do. Let me know.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I love how you identify with the man from La Mancha, Rich, and that it made you kind of examine yourself a little, too.

I never thought of Don Quixote as "the first role player of the modern age," but I do believe you're right.

I hope you will post more thoughts and continue reviewing it here as well as on Facebook! I would like to read Don Quixote someday (maybe someday soon! ).
    I really enjoy reading blogs about people's impressions of books as they read. It's like seeing thought manifest into learned knowledge. Keep 'em coming!
    Don Quixote is certainly an interesting character. I guess part of his "lunacy" is not wanting to grow up, but also maybe this is his last chance to live the life he really wanted. And I can't say I don't admire him for that - he achieved some amazing things in his quest.