View RSS Feed

title

Four Months

Rate this Entry
Time flies when the routine hardly varies.

No major drama personally though things seem to happen to other family members. To my greta surprise my oldest brother and I had a civil conversation following the death of his wife Rosaline. He's still a character but I can tolerate him --the sins of the past can sometimes be put aside.

In honor of my first friend here at Litnet (Grace86) I'm reading a chapter a night of Don Quixote. I like it but never quite sure when to laugh--mostly I read with a bit of sadness at this incredible man trying so hard and sincerely to live his dreams--that song is making more sense to me now then it ever did.

Son Dan survived a bomb blast when his crew drove over one in Afghanistan shortly after he and I had a small quarrell over proper notifications. He is fine but very tired. Everyone survived with minor injuries. God is still good. Irefuse to spend every day worrying about him over there--it won't change anything and I sweat the small thimgs in life--the bigger issues are actually easier to deal with.

Any way high time I got back here--I glance in from time to time waiting for acertain Mod to remmeber her long time admirer.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

See, I told you it might work out with your brother. If you don't remember, go back to that blog and read my comment.

Don Quixote is great. I really loved it. That's not say there aren't any tedious spots. Those old bulky novels all have them. Whatever happened to Grace? I miss her.

Thank God on your son. You're right, no point in worrying. It doesn't do a thing. Just keep him in your prayers.
    Can't you come around anyway? We miss you.
    Wah, wah, wah.

Anyway, I'm so glad your son is OK! You're right, there is no point in worrying, but when he gets back you actually will feel like a burden has been lifted, regardless.

I long to read Don Quixote. Maybe next year. What's a good translation?
    I thought I would surprise you and say hello Mtpspur! After all, after you said you mentioned me here on your blog of course I had to read it! Regarding your feelings on whether or not to laugh or feel sad at certain misadventures, I think you are spot on with what Cervantes wanted readers to feel. And, I love that song "The Impossible Dream"

Hi Virgil!!! I apologize for the long absence. From what I understand, you've been filled in a little bit as to my busy life! Spending most of my time moving around and teaching preschool and learning how married life works!!! You'd probably like my husband - He is a soldier, a Christian, a good and funny man AND a READER!!! Though there are some who shall remain nameless (cough cough OP) who think that no one will ever be quite good enough for grace86 :P

And I do miss you guys! Hope you and your family are doing wonderfully! Mtpspur told me you have a lot on your blog about your son and even photos! I'll be sure to check it out! Lots of love, and I will try better to peek in here more often!!!
    Good to hear from you here dear friend. I think that's probably a very wise man with a sound perspective on who is good for you---lol.
    Well, well my dear Gracie! Married! I remember you were engaged. I assume this is the same person? Sounds like I would like your husband.

Sounds like things are really well for you. Bless you my friend and thanks for stopping by.
    Glad to be of help reuniting you two. And if I may say and I'm sure she'll agree I had a hand in her getting married--howbeit ever such a small part--but an important one.
    Hello Virgil!!! I do hope that the fiance you remember is the one I married! Because there was a first fiance years and years ago that ended out badly.

My husband and I however hadn't been together for very long before we decided to get married, though maybe I mentioned him to you within the past year and a half or so. We just celebrated our one year anniversary on the fourth of July! Things are well

I shall give credit where credit is due Mtpspur (or can I use your real name on your blog?) and I do believe you have been instrumental in helping me grow and for always having such a fond notion of my character! Though I do continue to fall off that pedestal no matter how deserving you think I am!

Virgil - are you on facebook???
    Rich is fime Grace--I go by eiother here but thank oyu for giving the benefit of the doubt to privacy.
    It's good to see you here my friend. I've been pretty quiet lately, but I have some new vacation pictures to show. Just as soon as I get them off my camera. Stay well and very much love to you
    @Grace
    I think you had told me you had broke up with the first one. I can't remember exactly if you mentioned anyone new. Perhaps you did. No I am not on Facebook.
    @ Virgil - boooo to not having a facebook! But you are one of the friends worth coming around litnet to visit with! Fiance number one was a bad choice that didn't work out. Fiance number two - later Husband Number ONE!!!-was by far the right one at the right time and is the love of my life. Hehehe...and he makes me completely sappy enough to say silly woman things like that. I even finished some Jane Austen novels because of him!
    Congratulations on your marriage, Grace. How fun to have a reunion of you old friends here on litnet!
    Quote Originally Posted by grace86
    Fiance number two - later Husband Number ONE!!!-was by far the right one at the right time and is the love of my life.
    I had a work acquaintance many years ago - I don't even remember his name any more - but he used to refer to his wife as his "first wife." He was only married once, and he had no intention of leaving her, but he said it kept her on her toes. Funny how I don't remember the name but I remember his running joke. I assume you don't intend to have more than one husband.