View RSS Feed

Nostalgia

It's that time again

Rate this Entry
The time has come for my monthly blog. Funny, how recently I haven't had the urge to write. I've been on a roller coaster quite a bit, probably a downside to the more social nature of my work, but that's okay. The worst doesn't hit until bedtime, and then I can lay down and sleep the troubles away. Or try to anyway. The less sleep I get, it seems the loopier and less bitter I am towards things. I've had snow removal 4 days in a row now- that's getting called at anywhere between 2 and 4 am to go climb in a large machine and drive too fast on icy roads. Not a bad job at all. Just like what I am used to.

I've earned the nickname Little Pink Hulk (or something like that) due to my often sulky, upset or downright pissy nature. I go off every once in a while when things really get bad, and I even began throwing things once (on Christmas Eve, believe it or not!) and the nicknames involving 'Hulk' have stuck. I'm alright with it though, because I know it is true. I'm a pretty difficult sonofa***** to get along with most of the time.

Even though summer is several long months away, I am contemplating my plans. My main option got screwed. I was planning on going to work on another ranch up north of the one I was at, but in a conversation earlier with him he informed me that he had sold most of his herd and was now a yearling operation, which cut down on the workload by about eight months. He no longer needs my help, and seeing as I was counting on that option to get me back to my normal state of being, I have to find alternate plans. I do not want to work at the resort over the summer. With rent and truck payments and funding my ever empty belly, my paychecks go a lot faster than I am comfortable with. I want to get back to something that I can actually put some money away. I had an observation the other day about how things go- right now, I am making operators pay. I am making more now than I have ever made, outside private non-taxable income. And I put more money away when I had worse income. I have partied hard and frittered money away and put more into savings than I make now when I don't party and am frugal. That just goes to show how ****ty the real world is, in my not so humble opinion. (I apologize, I've had a few today and am exceptionally bitter for a reason that is a mystery to most.)

Anyway, that's the report from your somewhat estranged (what the f*** ((considering the discussion I did not read on swearing)) does estranged mean, anyhow?) drifting hick. I've developed an addiction to flying down mountains with a bit of slippery board strapped to my feet, but never fear. The cowboy still dwells inside waiting for his time to rare his head and be obscene.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Quit sulking It doesn't do much good and normally leads to more of the same. Good luck working out your summer plans. I'm trying to do the same, but it runs more towards what we're doing on the weekends. Take care of yourself, and we'll touch base soon.
    You remind me of all the cowboys I've met. You guys are all cut from the same mold.

Yeah, things have gone up in price. It's tough out there right now. I don't recall it ever being this bad in my adult lifetime.
    You sound like you need a drink skib.