View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

Does Anyone Know This Moive?

Rate this Entry
I recently started reading the book "The Secret History by Donna Tartt and the more I read the book the more it really reminds me of this movie I saw maybe 3 or 4 years or so back. At first I thought the movie may have been made after the book but I cannot find anything which indicates this book had ever been made into a movie, they are just very smiler, but now it is driving me crazy that I cannot think of the name of the movie.

My memory of the details of the movie are vague, but I recall that it took place either on a college campus or a private school, and there was this group of kids that were part of some secret group or club. This new guy to the school became really enamored with the leader of this group and became involved with them.

And if I remember correct the movie started with a body being found in a frozen river in the woods which were near the campus, and towards the end of the movie it was discovered that the leader of this group had killed his own parents and he was working on this strange experiment, and had all this weird stuff in his house.
Categories
Film

Comments

Got me on that one but Dead Poet's Society it surely isn't--)))
    For some reason "The Skulls" is coming to mind, but that doesn't seem right either.
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLuck
    For some reason "The Skulls" is coming to mind, but that doesn't seem right either.
    It does sound a bit like The Skulls, but it is not the one I am thinking of here.
    Updated 12-04-2011 at 03:11 AM by Dark Muse
    I adore that book, btw. Are you enjoying it? I'd like to know the movie if you ever find out, but the plot doesn't bring anything to mind, sorry.
    So far I am really enjoying the book. I love the Ancient Greeks, and Greek mythology so I find that aspect of the book to be fascinating. If I should ever discover the movie I will let you know.