View RSS Feed

Life

Blast from the past?

Rate this Entry
I haven't blogged here in ages-- not even the smilies are all the same. But I wonder: have you missed me? Is there any of the old crew left?

I'm in college, now. Does anyone remember the troubled girl of high school? She's still in here, somewhere-- same crazy family, same crazy life-- but she's changed.

God put me through a fire, my old comrades. The remaining years of high school have been a blur. I finally got out of the relationship with Thomas, finally came to terms with the fact that it was abusive in every way possible and that love shouldn't hurt.

I've converted to Christianity. †

My mother went to jail. I spent last Christmas eve there visiting. She's out now and-- woe betide us-- back with my father.

I've been dating this wonderful man for a little over a year now. Crazy, isn't it? How time flies? We're "practically engaged," but since I moved to college, long-disance. I never dreamed that we would manage it so well. I mean, we have our challenges, but it is minimal compared to what it could be.

I'm at Stetson. Never thought I'd make it into a selective, Liberal-arts, private college.

I've lost weight. About 30 pounds of it since I was here last. I look like this now:

I have a job-- kinda. At a photography studio. I do clerical/custodial/photo taking/video taking/photo editing/video editing/modeling. It looks like I'll be needing/getting 2 more soon.

I wonder if anyone will ever actually read this...
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I did! I haven't read your past blogs but it sounds like you haven't had the greatest of lives. I hope your new partner makes you happy and that you have a great life. What are you studying in college? I'm still in high school so the idea of college (or university for me) is very daunting.
    I remember you well. I was always flabbergasted at your resilience to knocks, you are stronger than I could possibly be. Welcome back.
    I remember your blog! It sounds like you've gone through quite a bit since you were last here, but you came out of it ok.

Welcome back!
    Of course my old friend! How are you? Well, it sounds like you went through some hard times. But you were going through some hard times before you left. Yeah, I didn't get a good vibe from that boyfriend you had then. But I'm afraid youth have to learn the hard way some times. And your family weren't any help. I felt so sorry for you. My prayers for your parents. I hope things have improved for them.

But you look great and you're going to college. Fantastic. I always thought you were very bright. I remember we went through some Latin together. What are you taking up in school?

God bless you my friend. If you go through my blogs you'll see my wife and I adopted a little boy. Check them out. Lots of pictures. I should be posting a new blog soon. But I have to tell you I'm not on Lit Net as much as I used to. I might check in once a week or two. I'm too busy now. But what a treat to find you back!

Good luck on your engagement.