View RSS Feed

No Limits on Imagination!

From A Stranger

Rate this Entry
Hearing from new and old,
laughing and sighing with friends,
until the stranger who's been AWOL
pops her head around the corner!

Yep. I'm a stranger! If you say nay, well, hey. I feel like one. It's been forever since I posted to my blog.

Well, what's new? Nothing really. Still going to school, of course with different courses(Statistics, English 102, Zumba, Tai Chi, and Mexican American History). Only thing different, I suppose is that I'm looking for a job. It's hard trying to stand on your own feet for the very first time.

I say it's hard to find a job to those who ask about it, but I guess it's a lie. If I really wanted a job, I'd have found one. Everywhere I turn, I hear someone saying there's a job opening somewhere. It's just my fault I'm a coward. It's scary looking for my first job!

Anyways. I'm at a writer's block. Here's a question: If you were a psychotic person, and you wanted someone to leave(say...a school), but you didn't want to dirty your hands(if you know what I mean), what would you do?
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Point out that there aren't many decent jobs for people with less than a college degree.

I understand what you are saying, but you may be deciding the issue in te wrong way. You might look at what courses you have done well in regardless of wwhat you think you want to study. You should try to do what you enjoy and do well. There are even jobs for Tai Chi instructors.
    BTW, I've run into people who were much stranger than you are.
    True fact, but even I could find a simple job at a fast food joint...if I was really really trying...

Quote Originally Posted by PeterL
    BTW, I've run into people who were much stranger than you are.
    That reassures me...to an extent....
    And I'm aiming to become a doctor. That's what I'm going to college for. I just need a job to get money because financial aid only lasts so long.
    Look to people in the field that you want to get into and tell them that you need money but want to do something in your chosen field, Someone may be ssympathetic.

I have tried for jobs in fast food, but they have never been interested in me.
    You're probably too smart for them. I know my mom wasn't able to get a job because she had too many degrees(what's this world coming to?).
    Not getting a job because you're ""over-qualified" is extremely frustrating. I have gotten that "reason" several times.
    Fast food is a possibility. I did it a few times in college. I knew a girl who worked her way through college working at McDonald's. I never liked those kinds of jobs, though.

What about retail?
    I'm also considering that Q. It's actually harder finding jobs in retail than it is finding one for fast food.

Peter: That's what it was. she was over-qualified, and if she wanted to have a job from the places she was over-qualified for, she would have to apply to be the manager, which (1) is harder to get, and (2) she has no experience as a manager.
    It can be rough. Sometimes it is advantageous to be yuoung and inexperienced.