View RSS Feed

My Blog...How original.

Education

Rate this Entry
ummmmmm... long time no see? I feel like a child who didn't call their parents when they decided to stay an extra hour at a party. XD

Yikes, so many things have happened since I've last blogged. For a few things, I graduated highschool, I'm now 18, I moved out of my parents house and moved in with my grandparents, and I just finished my first week of college.

Ummm... with that out of the way. I would like to share with you my first college essay.

Education can be a necessary step to a productive lifestyle. While not all occupations call for it, though most jobs do these days, it is often an important component to a better life. Education is the steps in which you take through various means to achieve your goals. Do not be fooled into thinking that education is the drive to things. No, something outside of education must be the force that enables you to move through the tiresome road. Finding that, however, can be very trying and difficult. As much as people tell you what you need, until you discover it for yourself, it’s hard to really appreciate.

All through out high school, before my senior year, I would claim I had a passion for this or passion for that, without ever really understanding what that meant. Because of this lack of insight, when I would see some kids who had true zeal, I could not identify it. What baffled me the most was seeing fellow students who would not only stay far on top of their grades, but also participate in countless events to better themselves in the field they wanted to go into. I was a lazy high schooler who put their school off to the last minute thus impairing my ability to do other things. My mom told me I lacked passion for what I wanted. I denied it aggressively, blaming circumstances or school itself for my lack of initiative . I never understood what she meant or what I saw in the other students until my senior year in high school. At that time, I joined a ballroom dance class. The teacher was marvelous. His zeal for dance surged forth each class night often resulting in an hour of free extra teaching. He cared for his students and wanted nothing less than to share with them his delight. As a computer engineer who taught dance on the side lines, he probably sacrificed a good nights sleep a few times just in order to teach us. It was through that class I experienced what passion was.

From this experience, I learned to hone into what I wanted for my future. I cleared out the clutter that previously distracted me from my goals. Discovering what it means to be in love with something is one of those sweet things in life. With my new found passion for ambitions, college and whole idea of education is so much more exciting. Education is no longer a outsized wall to climb over in order to achieve my targets. Now, it is the steps that take me to the heights of my dreams. Every time a subject is finished, a project done, it means I am one step closer to fulfilling my desires. No person or even language can tell you what passion is. It something you have to live.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I can't believe you're in college already. Well, good luck. Time sure flies.

You're writing is nice and smooth for a freshman. You write nice clean sentences. It's a good essay. I assume you got a good grade. Will you be singing at all at college? What are you majoring in?
    If you don't have that passion, then I think that you should head toward whatever you are best at, even if that's just an interest, rather than something that you would even consider for a career. The oddest things can come up as important at some point. Personally, I wish that I had followed up on what I was best at, rather than something that I care about but don't really like (odd though that may seem).
    I just hope that things will work well for you. Mostpeople eventually stopliking the things that they loved when young, and that can be very sad.

Your writing has improved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    I can't believe you're in college already. Well, good luck. Time sure flies.

You're writing is nice and smooth for a freshman. You write nice clean sentences. It's a good essay. I assume you got a good grade. Will you be singing at all at college? What are you majoring in?
    hahaha, it is weird. I'm in finals now, so just a week left. Time flies WAYYYY to fast. :P

As for me still singing... I'm a voice major. ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurtugal
    hahaha, it is weird. I'm in finals now, so just a week left. Time flies WAYYYY to fast. :P

As for me still singing... I'm a voice major. ^^
    Not surprised you're a voice major. Fantastic! Now I really do want to hear you sing. When you record something, let me know. I'll buy it.

And wait until you hit fifty and tell me how fast time flies. Once you're out of school completely, life flies even faster.