View RSS Feed

Varenne Rodin

In the in between.

Rate this Entry
"Hey," she said, as she kicked her gray sneakers off and tossed her bag on the floor.
"How's it goin'?" I asked. She looked down at the floor, then back at me. She was wearing her dark brown knitted hat.
"Not so good." She just sort of stood there in her pale socks. Her tiny dark freckles were clear on the porcelain of her skin. Her black eyes, not quite looking at anything, but looking at me, were sad and...lost. I leaned forward and put the remote on the table. I gave her my half smile.
"How are they not so good, and why?" This was met with a sigh, but barely a sigh.
"I don't know. It's just a weird day."
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Your'e a good writer Varenne!- I'd buy (or illegally download ) your book!
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt
    Your'e a good writer Varenne!- I'd buy (or illegally download ) your book!
    Thank you, Tony! You're so sweet! I should try to write more. If I write a book I will give it to you.
    I see a long message in a few lines and that's an achievement, I think. Can be a meaningful part of a story
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilianus
    I see a long message in a few lines and that's an achievement, I think. Can be a meaningful part of a story
    Thank you, Max! I was testing the waters in the writing section of my brain. This was a trial run. Not a full story or a short story, but an exercise. I appreciate you taking the time to read it and comment. I feel like there might be books in me somewhere, sometime. I hope so.
    Much appealing anyway for a trial run The waters in the writing section of your brain taste quite drinkable
    I think the girl in the knitted hat did The Murder using a kntting needle (duh, the knitted hat).
    Quote Originally Posted by tonywalt
    I think the girl in the knitted hat did The Murder using a kntting needle (duh, the knitted hat).
    Ha. Not a bad idea, Tony! I should get Hercule Poirot on the case.