View RSS Feed

title

One Year Ago Today

Rate this Entry
One year ago today my husband and I fell in love with a very special little boy. It is still so fresh in my mind. I remember being nervous and excited all at the same time. The nurse bringing him into the room and placing him in my arms, our hearts just melted and we knew right away this was our son. It took us 3 long years but he was well worth the wait!!!.

They proceeded to tell us his medical history and his background of how he came to be at the Baby House. I cannot thank the birth mother enough for having the strength to give up this wonderful little boy so he can have a new start in life with a new mommy and daddy.

The weeks that we spent bonding with him were pure joy. As each day went by we would notice little things about his personality and how loved he was by the staff. I remember his first smile, his first laugh, the way he would try to crawl and most of all how interested he was in the people walking in and out of the room. We hated leaving him every day and the weekends were the worst since we couldn’t visit with him.

Matthew has been home with us for eight months and we couldn’t imagine life without him. He has brought so much joy and laughter into our lives and those around him. He truly has blessed our lives!!!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

And no doubt you have blessed his life, as well. With so much love, that only a parent knows how. He is truly a beautiful boy, with an infectious smile. Given to the two dearest people. He couldn't ask for more.
    xo
    *thumbs up*
    A-h-h-h. I *remember* it well. And thank you, pussnboots and Virgil for sharing it with us. It has been a fun journey.

Have a happy day!
    Really nice post.
    what a wonderful story.
    Well, thanks everyone. I'm going to post my own blog on this. Stop by.
    All the best and congratulations, Pussnboots