View RSS Feed

No Limits on Imagination!

Asian Entertainment

Rate this Entry
I do hope no one takes offense at wording it that way, but if there's one thing I'm addicted to, it is asian entertainment. I've spent countless hours staring at my Laptop's screen, reading manga after manga, watching anime after anime, watching asian drama after asian drama.
And as much as I've read/watched, there are only a few that stuck with me.
I'll list them here:
  • Absolute Favorite:You're Beautiful(hehe.Ironic) This is a korean Drama. About a nun-in-training who steps in for her twin brother so that he can keep this once in a lifetime opportunity of being in Korea's #1 band. Very Humorous.
  • Skip Beat. This is both a manga and an anime series. About a girl who enters show business just to get back at her ex-boyfriend. Then she becomes serious about it. Really funny
  • Koukou Debut, which I'm still in the process of read....so far, it's hilarious! About a girl who decides to get a coach to help her get a boyfriend, but she's really tomboyish. The Coach's one rule. She can't fall in love with him.
  • Boys Over Flowers. I've watched both the korean drama and the Japanese drama. The Jap version is more humorous, but I think I liked the Korean version better. Main character stands up to the son of the richest person in the country. Spoiled as the son is, he decides to torture her. Some mean action in this one...but still good.
  • Hana Kimi. I guess it's a little cute. And humorous. very entertaining. About a girl who poses as a boy to go to an all boys school to get her favorite athelete to start back up again.

That's my top Five. Later I may post more later. I've listed this for yanebeing. I hope it helps you find something interesting.

Updated 03-25-2011 at 05:36 PM by Beautifull

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I am addicted to anime, myself, but have not checked out many other forms of media. I will have to do so.
    That is an excellent idea! The three Asian entertainment I like are manga, anime, and dramas.
    Some of those look pretty good! I'll have to check them out this summer.
    Yes! They all are humorous too! I love them!
    Is it Asian in general or more specifically, Japanese?
    The manga Skip Beat and Koukou Debut are both Japanese. There is a Korean version of Boys Over Flowers, but there is also a Japanese version. Hana Kimi is Japanese. You're Beautiful is Korean....I guess my top five has narrowed down to Japanese and Korean Entertainment.
    Updated 03-28-2011 at 03:46 PM by Beautifull