View RSS Feed

Rubaiyats of Lote-Tree

Philosophy is Dead!

Rate this Entry
Philosophy alas you are Dead!

So writes Professor Stephen Hawking in his new book "The Grand Design".

You have been dead for me for a long time now because you promised so much and gave so little in return.

Goodbye Philosophy.

I loved you once. I loved you with my heart. I loved you with all my soul.

But like all loves it always comes to an end...so it has with you...

I will remember the fun times we had - from dreaming up Ideal Forms and chaining ourselves to the walls of the Myths of the Cave in search of Wisdom and to find the meaning of The Good Life.

The unexamined life is not worth living you said. Ergo cogito sum or it could have been I am therefore I think. You declared God is Dead even though you couldn't prove his or her existence!

But it does not matter. It was arrogant of us to think that we can find the Universal Truth with the power of thought alone.

I have a new love now. This love has taken me to the moon and back. And revealed to me the meaning of my life - Where I came from, Where I am headed. She is so beautiful. So elegant and refined. I named her Science!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Haha, my boyfriend is a philosophy and film studies major and I'm a science major and your blog entry reminds me of our arguments.
    "I have a new love now. This love has taken me to the moon and back. And revealed to me the meaning of my life - Where I came from, Where I am headed. She is so beautiful. So elegant and refined. I named her Science!"

And equally fickle, if you ask me. :d
    Juniper you need to act fast! Your boyfriend will end up as a sad philosophy Professor in tweed jackets at some forsaken university yearning that he should have done something worthwhile with his life!

qimi - there is no need for jelousy!;-)

I know her love is constant because I feel it every time I jump up and down.

Everytime I type my letters into the computer screen I know she is loving me... :-)
    So, Science is your new philosophy...
    Philsophy is an Ugly word to us now Madhuri. We wouldn't touch with it with a barge pole! ;-)
    what is the philosopy? philosopy is something between religion and science, which is the only thing can bring us the ultimate love, it never and forever wont die.
    and you all should study the meaning of "ultimate love"