View RSS Feed

jhonerliz

Temptation, Leave Me Alone... Self- Control, Please Come to My Life

Rate this Entry
Temptations are everywhere. You can't run away from it, even hide from it. It comes in our life every now and then and try to victim our weaknesses.

It's really hard on my part to stay away from different temptations. I'm a weak person and always committed mistakes or sins in life. Though I know that it is a sin to do this or that thing, I still do it thinking that it will make me happy or satisfied. But of course, at the end, regret is what I always felt and blaming myself for not having self- control.

Self-control, I know, is the best weapon for us to fight with the temptations that always come in our life. It keeps us away from sins and make us to be more disciplined.

But I found difficult to have it. Even in simple things, I can't control myself. I'm getting fatter and promise myself almost everyday to have a diet. But every time I see food that attracts my taste, I can't control myself but to buy and eat that food. I also sleep late and so I wake up late too. Because of that, I always come to my school late. I promise myself often to go to bed early but this internet surfing, facebooking, etc. keep my eyes open.

I have done little and even big sins in life because of lack of self-control and it always put me into regret or even sometimes, depression. I'm already in this situation and want to blame temptation for keeping me from sins. I also want to blame my self for not having self-control.

Temptation, leave me alone! Self-control, please come to my life! I don't want to be a sinner anymore...

(I know God can help me a lot with this matter. So I pray for His Holy Spirit too to come in my life and guide me always... May His unending love forgive my sins and help me to stay away from it....)
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I'm not sure if you are in HS, but if you are, I think you and half your peers are like this. You may need to mature a little more. Your body may be hungry and tired. Isn't that part of adolescence? Also trying to move a little may help. You may like to eat and food my bring you pleasure. You may want to look at the women in your family, how do you compare?

It's important that you use God's support, but you need to make the changes. Good luck!
    I dothe same things! Stay up late, chocolate everyday. I,too, a mother of grown children, wonder when I will grow up.
    @jersea... i'm not in HS but I'm teaching HS students. hahahaha... at my age, I know that i still need to be matured enough... sigh
    Not everything you do has to be with self-control, you just need a little foreseeing in your life.Like ,you know that if you see something interesting (for example food) you would want to buy it, so my action would be, not to take that much money with in order to use it.It works for me!
    OH MAN! Sorry! Try weight watchers then. I'm doing the program and you may really like it. You can do it all on-line within the privacy of your home.

You don't seem immature, just look rather innocent in your picture. I have to always remember that we never know who people really are on-line.
    can I have that, jersea?