View RSS Feed

Virgil

The Playroom & More Pictures

Rate this Entry
I think I’ll describe the Baby House, as it’s commonly referred to, and where we stay with Matthew for the hour we have with him each day.

The real Baby House was completely different, something that looked like it was set up for children: bright colors for curtains and rugs, pleasant paint hues, large windows for lots of sunshine, potted plants on the window sills, big open spaces, children’s decorations, two buildings that are connected with indoor corridors, an outdoor playground with slides, a sandbox, swings, a see-saw, a gazebo, playpens, a garden, lots of shady trees, concrete animal structures, and even a little in-ground pool. Both buildings are two stories, and the children are kept upstairs, and we have never been allowed to see how they spend their time or are roomed. The first floor has offices, a kitchen, an isolation area for sick babies, a medical examining room, a music room, a game room, and what I call the playroom but our translator calls the gymnasium.

The playroom does have equipment to help children with walking difficulties, but they are off to the perimeter. The bulk are children play equipment—a swing and slide, rattle things, a plastic ball pool pit, a big circle climb through, and things to hold oneself up. Ok, here are some pictures.

This is outside the Baby House in the play area.

And here are two pictures of the playroom. You can see the climbing and rubber things.

In that second picture of the playroom you can see that that fake pool. we call it the plastic ball pit and Matthew just loves going into it. If we’re by it, he tries to climb in. Here he is “swimming” in the plastic ball pit.

And here he is in his crawl position. Actually what he’s doing is rocking his behind back and forth as if to load the spring and then he springs forward into a lunge. That’s what I’ve been calling his single shot crawl.

And finally I leave you with this picture with him near his rubber horsey. He likes to sit on that (of course we hold him) and bounces on it and mouths the horse ears.

So those who have been asking about his hair, he does have it. He hates wearing a hat now and takes it off himself every opportunity.

Updated 08-03-2010 at 02:39 PM by Virgil

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Lovely, lovely, lovely pictures of Matthew
    That's one cute smile
    What a great space. I bet the kiddies do love to play in those balls.
    He's such a doll baby. I think the facility looks very nice. you may have to get a ball pit for the house. Will they be increasing your time with him?
    Thank you ladies.

Fifth - He now smiles for everyone. He's really coming out of his shell. As soon as someone looks into his face he smiles.

Mom-H - No, one hour is all we get.
    What a cutie, and what an unexpectedly charming and well-outfitted facility!
    Fun looking place and Matthew seems to be enjoying it

Hope they will be able to heat it properly with those small radiators during winters, though.

Talking of weather, is that you in shorts in the ball pit, Virgil? Is it that hot there?
    Heck, I want to live there! What a cutie. That smile is killer.
    Thank you too ladies.

Scher - Yes those are my legs, pale white, skinny as a bone (my wife calls them chicken legs ), and hairy. Thank God you barely see them or you might all turn to stone.

Yes, it's been brutally hot here - high 90'sF, almost a 100F, which is 35-38C. That's why the air conditioner breaking down really ticked us off.
    I just checked your blog and was so happy to see the pictures of little Matthew. Very cute baby with a sweet smile! I really love his shiny eyes and chubby cheeks. Lots of kisses and hugs to dear angel. Have a nice day!
    Scher - Yes those are my legs, pale white, skinny as a bone (my wife calls them chicken legs ), and hairy. Thank God you barely see them or you might all turn to stone.
    Well, you surely don't mind showing them off as they are clearly visible in your profile photo as well!

Aliengirl - If you go back to my last two blogs, you'll see some more pictures. Thank you very much.

Scher - I had forgotten about that. You must have my legs on your mind.
    I need a play room like that in my house :lol:

I'm always so happy seeing the pictures you share, and Matthew is such a darling baby. He looks so happy when you are holding him and playing with him. That rocking on his knees will change to crawling in no time, and then he'll run the two of you a merry chase :lol: Enjoy every minute.

Love,
    Meg
    You just get to be with him for an hour day? That must be frustrating, but on the other hand I expect it will be full time soon: Have you any idea about how much longer it will be?

/Claes
    Incredible! This playroom is very equipped. It looks like the place my granddaughter had her birthday party...soft gym stuff and fun areas to climb into. Brooke has been in those ball pits; she loves them, too. It's so colorful and so clean looking in your photos. Kudos to the people that run this facility. I am impressed!

Oh my gosh, I am totally taken with little Matthew. He is so adorable. He could not be more so and I love that last photo; his smile is so sweet and priceless. He's a sturdy little tyke and very pleasant personality. A picture says a million words. Also you two are just the perfect parents for him. I am so happy you found each other. His hair is really cute; glad now he smiles more and knows his mind when pulling off those hats...how funny!
    I just read your article fully; that is sort of sad about the previous place; but I am very glad they were able to get into this new facility. I think this one would be way more stimulating for the children. Matthew seems to be doing more things now than before. Kids develop so fast at this age. That is just great. He looks very healthy, too.
    Matthew Jacob looks very happy

The rooms do look really friendly, roomy and bright, and the carpets are nice but unusual in a playroom for small children.
    Hey...why can't I see the pictures?
    Mathew looks like a healthy and happy baby. I am happy that I finally was able to see his face. When will you be back home?
    Oh my word, he is adorable! I'm super happy for you and Pussnboots! A colleague and his wife recently adopted a baby boy as well and they are positively beaming all the time!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast