View RSS Feed

title

My Real Secret Fantasy

Rate this Entry
Not all my fantasies revolve around a certain well thought about moderator who has lawyers on speed dial for pesky forum member control.

My real fantasy of late has been to write a book.

Or vent my spleen.

And this would accomplish both.

The origin of this little fantasy came out of a remark I made in a blog entry awhile back about unwritten entries one of which related to my real attitudes about Christian fellowship.

This has been haunting me for some time now as this reflects poorly on my spiritual life however exemplary the whited sepuchre grows in prestige and glory.

Worse any book written by me would not necessarily be of the 'helpful' kind. In my mind it is more of an indictment then an aid and certainly would cast me in the light of pettiness and veniality.

My book title would be Grumpy Christians--mild freely admiited but Nasty Christians sounded too harsh.

I have the sub-title picked out: Scraping the Sores with Old Potsherds

I even know what the first paragraph will be.

"The patriarch Job sat in a lonely place scraping sores with potsherds kept watch over by his three best friends in the world who had been there a week in silent sympathy and consolation. At least they were his best friends in the world. Until they opened their mouths."

From there the book would be a bit of a chronicle on the fairy tale version Christians have about fellowship, love and loyalty and the reality of cliques and high expectations and low results; of wounded egos and the 'star' system and the lip service.

I would be polite and oh so aware of missing the mark. The Christians who need the wake up call would just 'not' get it and the ones who are expempary in worship and behavior would be hurt and misled and no glory to God would be rendered or real comfort and help.

Which is why I spend more time daydreaming about Logos then writing a book that should not be written just to soothe wounded pride and feelings.

Sigh. The Drama Queen was so looking forward to being on the talk show circuit and book signings. Groupies. Yessssss!!!

Updated 05-30-2010 at 01:32 AM by mtpspur

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good one!
    :D I like the Nasty Christians title. If nothing else, the 20 million people with the same attitudes would realize they're not alone in their feelings.
    I will read it if you write it!
    :P they DO exist, I promise! Not perfect, but they do exist. come visit me at school - and THEN you can write your book :P.
    I want to be very careful not to say something nasty here Poor old Job. There are so many lessons to be learned from him. His friends also teach us a lesson- keep silent. It's easier to learn from Job.
    It should be at least noted that I HAVE had the privilege of being the presence of real men and women of God whose love, humility and Christian walk has been a blessing and a privilege. It's the 90 percent of the others that slowly kill the soul and joy of fellowship and I plead guilty to way too many lapses in behavior in that area. Icabod indeed.
    "daydreaming about Logos then writing a book that should not be written just to soothe wounded pride and feelings."

Let's see here mtpspur, day dreams about beautiful women and soothing wounded pride and feelings. . . . yep, just about every good book ever written has at least an aspect, if not an outright devotion, to these two topics. I say go with it man! [at least the wounded pride bit] Or better yet, get an artist and write the script for Grumpy Christians: The Graphic Novel!