View RSS Feed

Nostalgia

Caution!!! Rant ahead

Rate this Entry
I am too tired/frustrated/pissed off/wired to focus right now. But there is a serious rant on the horizon. prepare yourselves for a lot of asterisks.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Hope things have gotten a bit better before you get to posting that rant :) Take care and have a better day.

~Meg
    When I am frusterated and pissed off (very rarely)...all I need is a good....and that does it!
    Who doesn't love a good asterisk? And everything an asterisk implies?
    Hmm. Now that I have the time to go off on a rant, I don't want to. I hope I didn't let anyone down there. But the last few days have SUCKED.
    here's the gist of it. I won't devote it to a blog, since I've been worrying over the damn thing way too much as it is.
    - I bought a new truck. it is a 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 extended cab, five speed (with the Mazda transmission. Don't much like that idea) for 3300.
    -upon driving home at 85 mph, I noticed it had a pretty good pull to the right. Alignment issue, I'm hoping. Judging on how ****ed up the tires were, that was my guess. Or it could be any number of expensive suspension/steering parts that I won't go into detail on.
    -I got a job on tuesday as well. Now all the time I was going to devote to working on my new truck has been taken up by making money so that I can . . . work on my truck.
    -This was my last week of class. Fuel injection/exhaust. Kind of a sophisticated system. My teacher 'broke' a few cars in the shop for a mock diagnosis lab. my buddy and I got the Chevy Impala that made my life suck in steering and suspension. It had a 'rough idle' condition. All in a nutshell, if we'd looked hard enough at something we looked at in the first fifteen minutes, we wouldn't have spent two days probing every sensor and running over every voltage in the engine compartment. Frustration level higher than it has been in a long time.
    - I had to spend 200 bucks to get my truck registered yesterday, then another 850 on tires so I could do my alignment right, then another 60 on parts I needed for my alignment, then I was in the shop from three till ten last night doing my alignment trying to work with the wrong ****.
    My blood pressure has got to be skyrocketed right now. I haven't slept in four days, I've dropped an additional thousand dollars on something I wasn't expecting, and I still am not done spending on that damn thing.
    For once in my life though, girl problems are not on the forefront.
    Hopefully tonight I'll sleep decent. I don't have to be at work till eight tomorrow, so I get a bit of sleep in time.
    $200 for registration???? Ouch. That is a bit higher than what I'm used for, and to have it on top of the car parts. I'm sorry Skib. That just sucks.
    Woah! And I thought I had it bad money-wise this week!
    Yeah, that whole registration thing was a bit of a shock. My bank originally told me it would be a hundred thirtyish. I was not a happy camper!

Although, this is what I've been hoarding those greenbacks for. Buying a truck and making it how I want it! I can think of a lot worse things to be spending money on.
    Yeah, money you have to unexpectedly spend on cars sucks in every way it is possible to suck, as I indicated in my last blog.

I'm glad you got a new truck that you, hopefully, will be able to enjoy, and I'm deeply sorry it's costing way-y-y-y to much money right out of the starting gate.

Take care; sleep well. Dream sweet running car dreams.
    Even a buck thirty makes me cringe, but it seems it was much more expensive when I was in Washington, so maybe it is just a west of the Mississipi kind of thing. It's pretty cheap here, but then it also depends on what it is you're registering.

Sounds like the truck will be worth it in the end. If you love working on cars that a fixer is always a good thing. Myself, I love doing things in houses. Painting, drywall, flooring... My next place is going to be on some property and need renovating so I can make exactly what it is I want from my dream home. I totally get the whole working with your hands bit, and the end result is the best reward.
    Was the $200 for registration for one year or two. They've gone to two year registrations in New York State. In fact I just registered one of my cars at the beginning of the month. In fact I can look it up since my check book is right by me. Hold on.

I paid $123.50 for a two year registration.

Mind you, when I baught my first car 25 years ago, I have a memory of it being $25 for a year.

Frankly it's outrageous. What exactly does a registration fee do? It puts your car on some list on a database in a computer. That probably costs 25 cents, let alone 25 dollars or 200 dollars. The government is only after your money.

Anyway, cars are a money pit Skib. Owning one is a lost cause. Actually if you become a mechanic, you'll be earning a living from other people's lost causes.
    qimi-Oh my goodness I am enjoying it! At the moment, I'm quite glad I spent that extra thousand. I get a kick out of it every time I drive anywhere.

Meg- a dollar thirty or a hundred thirty? Because that's what I was expecting to pay. As long as he (his name is the Little Big Man, Runt for short) keeps running like he has been, the money will definitely be well spent. I'm afraid I can't agree about fixing up houses. I've grown up the son of a carpenter, and ever since I can remember our house has always been under construction and I have gotten to help with everything you mentioned. Quite rewarding in the end, but living with sheets for doors for two years sucks.

Virgil- Yeah, I don't even think we get the two year option here. Far as I know it is an annual thing. I think I had to pay for my plates and some other stuff that I wasn't expecting, even though my bank told me to expect roughly a hundred thirty dollar fee. Which is ridiculous. Putting your vehicle in a database is exactly what they do. I went off on a rant at my bank about something I shouldn't mention here- strictly because of what you just said. They want my money. Yeah, vehicles are lost causes. I spend more money on vehicles than I do almost anything else. But it is a passion, and I can indeed make money off others' lost causes.