View RSS Feed

Away with the Fairies- The Travel Diary of an Irish WebFairy

College, Mortgage rubbish and getting excited!

Rate this Entry
So I just realised its been a long time since i last blogged. I never even blogged about my trip to canada! Shocking. In a nutshell... It was fantastic!
Anyway... whats been going on in my life?
Where do i start!
College. College has been going great! I've gotten some really good marks (bar one ) so far and i'm happy with it.
TMA01 i got 79%, TMA02 i got 82%, TMA03 i got 81%, TMA04 i got 52% (Misread the question), TMA05 i got 78% and i just submitted TMA06. Some people probably wouldnt be happy with those marks but i am. I havent been in college since 2003 so i think getting these grades is a great achievement (bar the one. Although i'm tempted to contest it on the grounds that the question was ambigous).
I was originally aiming for a Degree in Literature but thanks to this course i've opted from an Open Arts Degree. I was almost going for and Open Science Degree but decided to stick with the Literature courses at level three. So here is my plan!

Oct 09- May10
Arts Past and Present (60 level 1) Almost completed!

May10- approx Oct 10
Start Writing Fiction (10 level 1)
Archaeology: The Science of Investigation (10 level 1)

Nov 10- Feb 11
Heritage? Whose heritage? (15 level 1)

Feb 11- Oct 11
Approaching Literature (60 level 2)

Oct 11- May/Jun 12
Global Heritage (60 level 2)

first Summer break (woot!)

Nov 12- Apr 13
World Archaeology (30 level 2)

Overlap with (gonna be a tough few months!)

Oct 12- Jun13
19th Century Novel (60 level 3)

Summer break no 2!

Oct 13- Jun 14
Childrens Literature (60 level 3)

= 365 points towards BA (hons) Open Degree (360 needed)

I may need to move "Start Writing Fiction" to another time, all depends on whether i get a mortgage or not... which brings me to my next topic!

I've been hoping to buy an apartment. Yep. Unfortunately it looks like i've blown my chances thanks to a doppy Broker. only last try at getting the mortgage and if its a no i've to pull out of the sale. everything was going smoothly and the bank were willing to offer a mortgage to me only the stupid broker had actually lied to the bank and now they dont trust me thanks to her! So i've made her tell them everything correctly, but i dont think they are going to believe any of it because she fabricated stuff to them regarding me and they caught her out and i'm getting blamed for it! I hate lying. I hate it. And because of it, i'm going to loose out on an really fabulous apartment. Oh well maybe its not meant to be!

So in February, the company i worked for Hughes & Hughes, went into receivership. If it wasnt for the fact i worked in Dublin Airport, i'd have lost my job. DAA told the Receivers that there was no way they were shutting the stores in Dublin and Cork Airport and we got to remain open until someone took us over. Its the only time in my life i've thanked DAA for actually doing something right, and thanked that i actually worked in the Airport! Another Irish Bookseller, Eason & Sons came in and took over our contracts. I feel very very lucky!

If any of you read Kilted Exiles last blog entry, then you know he is coming over to Ireland to live with me at the end of May (day after i hand in my last essay to be exact!). I really cant wait. I'm getting so excited! Him being here is going to be good for me. I still had papayaheds birthday present from last August sitting beside my bed waiting to be postsed and i've been meaning to write a letter to Lady Wentworth for like six months now. I'm such a procrastinator. I know Kilted is going to make me do all the things i remind myself i have to do and forget. I'm probably moan that i just want to sit on the couch but i know i'll get them out of hte way with a bit of motivation and then i'll feel good that i finally did these things. Hes my rock. If it wasnt for him i'd probably have forgotten to write half of those assignments! hehehe
I know most people in long distance relationships whose other half is moving to live with them probably get excited about being able to be with them full time... well i'm looking forward to getting to do all the little things with Kilted and how having him around is going to be positive for me. I'm a different person with him, more alive... happy. So i'm excited.

So i think thats everything... if i forgot something sorry!

Niamh

PS. Just one little thing before i go... Sometimes understanding the person is better than understanding beliefs. Showing compassion is better than being right. xxxx

Updated 04-09-2010 at 07:22 PM by Niamh

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Good for you! Seriously, if you took one peek at how hard my classes are in the Automotive Service department, you'd be tickled pink. They're so ridiculously easy, if you get below a 90% you get laughed at. Your classes probably involve actual work.
    haha probably.
    But in saying that i could possibly find your exams hard.
    I'm sooo happy for you! I think those are good marks, and you passed the one, even though you misread the question, so who cares . I hope the apartment works out for you *shakes fist at broker*
    College sounds great, and your scores look great! What can you do with an Open Arts degree as opposed to a degree in Literature? Those classes look like fun! I am green with envy.

And how exciting for you to be entering a new phase in your life with school and your fella. Life is good. I am happy for you.
    Yes, it has been ages since you blogged. This was interesting. I could probably ask a question on each of your sections. Let's see.

"Fantasitic"? That's it? One of the biggest trips of your life and all we get to hear is"fantastic"?

Those are good grades, except for that one. What does TMAO stand for?

Those look like great classes. That's quite a bit for someone who is also working.

That's too bad on the apartment. If you did lose it, I'm sure you can find another.

Now that you've mentioned Lady Wentworth. Have you heard from her? She just disappeared and it felt so unexpected. It has to be over a year now. I remember her mother was ill. Perhaps that had something to do with it. I hope everything is ok with her. If you are in contact with her, tell her I was asking about her.
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung
    College sounds great, and your scores look great! What can you do with an Open Arts degree as opposed to a degree in Literature?
    With the Open Arts i can select a a variety of subjects from Science and Arts sections, but the majority of course are Arts (opposite for Open Science Degree). With the literature Degree all my subjects would have been lit or english based. I would have done creative writing, understanding the english language and possibly a course on shakespeare instead of the Artchaeology and heritage courses i selected with the Open Degree. It would have been pure literature. I like hte idea of the Open Degree though. I was considering doing Geology and Anthropology to get a Science Degree instead (which would be very handy to get a visa for Canada!) But decided to stick with the Literature which was why i was back in college to begin with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    Yes, it has been ages since you blogged. This was interesting. I could probably ask a question on each of your sections. Let's see.

"Fantasitic"? That's it? One of the biggest trips of your life and all we get to hear is"fantastic"?
    Okay Okay! I promise to write a blog about my trip to canada later!

Those are good grades, except for that one. What does TMAO stand for?
    TMA means Tutor Marked Assignments. The O is 01 etc.

Those look like great classes. That's quite a bit for someone who is also working.
    your telling me! Its a constant struggle!

That's too bad on the apartment. If you did lose it, I'm sure you can find another.
    Exactly! But i really fell in love with this one!

Now that you've mentioned Lady Wentworth. Have you heard from her? She just disappeared and it felt so unexpected. It has to be over a year now. I remember her mother was ill. Perhaps that had something to do with it. I hope everything is ok with her. If you are in contact with her, tell her I was asking about her.
    I wrote her a letter last year and she got back to me. She has no internet. Had to stop paying for it because she just couldnt afford it at present with no job etc. I'll tell her you are asking for her and i'll let her know all your good news too!
    Quote Originally Posted by BeccaT
    I hope the apartment works out for you *shakes fist at broker*
    so do i! You wanna come over and actually shake the broker (and estate agent) for me??
    All sounds well, with the exception of the broker. What were they thinking? Hopefully things will work out there for you, but like you said already, if it doesn't then maybe it isn't meant to be right now. As always, I'm happy to hear about you and Kilted. There is always the excitement of someone you care for coming home so to say :) Take Care, Meg
    I just realised i forgot to mention that i'm officially of the cigs over a year! Havent touched one since six nations final march 09!!