View RSS Feed

Nostalgia

it must be spring . . .

Rate this Entry
Because we've got a gallon of snow per inch, every bit of it soaking with water. It started while I was in class, even though when I went into class it was forty degrees and spitting rain. I guess it started about three, right when the pros expected it. I came outside at four thirty to find two inches of slush and my coat collar filling up rather quickly with wet/cold.
Anyway.
I decided to stop by the store to get some coffee. I've managed to stretch the five pounds of coffee I got back in December till now, so I figured I should stock up, seeing as I might not be leaving the house for a few days while the snow flood goes away. I got in and out, despite the freak rush that slammed the store while I was making my purchase. I went back outside to another inch of slush and a bunch of under dressed college girls wearing tights, booty shorts, snow boots and mini-sweatshirts. I got in my truck and wiped off the windshield with my sleeve, successfully smearing the dust that had turned into mud around and making it perfectly opaque. I pulled out and was waiting for traffic to slow enough for me to get out onto the main exit road when I looked in the mirror to find a little Dodge Neon with california plates backing rapidly towards me. I tried to move, but my tires just spun. i watched as she ran into me once, pulled forwards, then ran into me again. i got out to see if she knew what she was doing. I wasn't going anywhere till I locked my hubs, but I figured I better tell her that she was ruining her car on my hitch first. i walked up to the drivers side and she got out and looked at her bumper. two huge holes where she'd run into me. She freaks out and starts apologizing to me, saying she can pay for the damage. I turned around, looked at my truck (and the little bitty flecks of green paint on my hitch) and told her it was fine. She apologized all the way back to her car, jumped in and drove away all fast like.
and I rest my case about women needing to have separate license testing and snow driving tests.
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

:lol: I hate to break it to you dear, but I find that is anyone from California in the snow. Let's also add Texas, Florida, and Hawaii, while were taking notes. In Washington these were the states where I found people the worst. We had one poor girl who had never even seen a snowflake.
    Yeah, they completely freak out at the sight of a snowflake around here. They close the schools (which I love). They are nearly as bad in the rain, but traffic just slows down and snarls up for that.

Oh, and Skib, you poor baby, exposed to the sight of those poor girls in their shorts and boots. I feel for you, I really do.
    Meg-from what I hear those Texans should be getting pretty durn good at driving in the snow! Florida, Hawaii and California I can forgive . . . as long as they get out of my way.

qimi- I'll be scarred for life . . . ()
    Don't you love having a monster of a truck? The baby I'm looking at is a big ol' diesel biotch who wouldn't be destroyed by a freight train. >.<

The eye candy doesn't sound soo bad. Except the mini sweatshirts. Those just irritate me.
    I get to drive around one of these bad boys (except it's silver, and the lift on mine isn't quite so big). It's a real self-esteem boost when you tower over everyone else on the road.
    Becs- I hardly qualify the White Bastard as a monster truck, but yeah. You just can't beat good old American iron! Tell me, am I going to have to chastise you for not picking the right brand of truck? (kidding. A truck is a truck.)

Juniper- Oooooh! Pretty! That's sorta what I'm aiming for this summer when I get the money.
    skib -- you mean you didn't tell her that $500 should cover the damage? Shame on you.
    She's wearing shorts and boots in the snow? That sounds so California.

God, you're still getting snow? There is no way I could ever live in a winter dominated climate.
    That's one of my favorite pranks! I never get to pull it though cuz I'm not usually the one to get hit. She was freaking out pretty good though. I don't think I could have been that mean.

Yeah, we got about eight inches of SOAKING wet snow last night and it's almost all melted now. oh, the wind don't blow and it don't snow in sunny Colorado . . .